I purchased recommended 48V 400w PS but received different model.
Listed model has changed, from same link.
DrkAngel wrote:Received different labeled item from same link.
Internal pcb is labeled same, and appears identical.
Tests, so far:
Voltage range - 53.18V - 33.09V
R35 = 1k
R40 = 1.5K
Fan speed varies with voltage adjustment. Tested for thermal fan regulation via hairdryer = no change, will monitor during 10A+ charge.
(Fan speed change determined via LED light w\pwm low setting - wagon wheel effect)
Idles 8w (no load)
Preliminary guess for maximum usable range. (Will confirm next week.)
Replace R35 w/1K external pot 0A - 10A+ adjustable
Replace R40 w/2K external pot ~28V - 63V adjustable
Will add V-A meter ...
Running my 33.3V 43.2Ah battery down .
Will use to test oem Amp output @ 37.35V (anticipate 10A+ ?)
Will also test add resistor values for limiting amps and increase voltage ...
I also got one labeled like the above.. but unlike your, out of the box mine had a max voltage of 48.8. Resistance measured at R40 and R35 were about same as in your posts. (R35 was .95K and R40 was 1.4K) I applied the R40 and R35 mods but cannot get it above 49.2v (did not measure current limit yet). With a variable POT added on R40 (in parallel) I've dropped the resistance down to .5Kohms and SVR1 will max out the voltage at 49.2 much earlier in its rotation but then has no effect and I cannot get it above that value (so not very useful for 16S lipefo4). its got 63V caps.. so there is room to go to 56 which is where I want to go. I'll can take some pics -- but the board is labeled and has appears to have a layout exactly like in the first post (Call that baseline) . looking closely I can see the baseline has a jumper at J12 that mine does not and the H15-J16 jumper goes in the second hold while mine goes in the 3rd (so different leg of the MOSFET). Otherwise I could find no differences and don't want to randomly start changing jumpers. Any ideas on what might be the issue?
Update: I was an idiot
.. the unit was shipped in 220v input voltage mode (switch on the side). After fixing that I can reach higher voltage. With a fixed 10K resister I can now get it up to 60V.. Leaving this embarrassing post, incase someone else has the same problem.
Update2: got it all configured with R35 set to .65K Ohms (wanted to be well below the old 8Amp limit at 1K) and R40/SVR1 tuned to provide 59v. Set it upon the battery, running through my meter r so I could view/adjust the amps, and when turned on it was pulling >10A and before I could adjust r35 down, there was a very loud pop and flash and the fuse blew. Dang. Guess .65Koms is not far enough down. I replaced the fuse and even without the load the new fuse blows. Guess I fired some other components with the overdraw. I've seen threads on debugging blown converted but not worth the time, I'm just buying another charger from eBay. Anyone want a slightly-used but highly-fried clone PM me -- for the cost of shipping its yours. So another lesson for others.. set it back to normal voltage and current and adjust current down before voltage up. (My early mods on mean well 24v units were far more forgiving than this clone).