I am actually quite hyped about this. Was waiting for this day for a long time.
You are looking for a perfect BMS, the one you can trust it will not murder your battery, is simple and small enough to use and not outrageously priced? I know the feeling...
So maybe, for some, the wait is over. (No, >16s model is not going to be available for some time)
OK, I know where sell forum is, but this is not for sale, yet.
Now, what this is, is a Smart BMS. It supports 5 to 16 series cells. Features include, but not limited to:
- Onboard current sensor and switches up to 150A (it goes with aluminum cooling plate)
- Onboard precharge (for controller capacitors)
- Optional external industrial current sensor up to 600A; external contactor/relay control
- Two external and one internal temperature sensor
- 5V output for bluetooth module supply
- Universal programmable inputs/outputs (all rated at full battery voltage and 1A):
- 4x fast digital inputs (for example, to measure RPM/speed)
- 4x slow digital/analog inputs (for example, to measure voltage of 12V system or additional temperature sensors)
- 4x fast digital outputs (open drain, for example, contactor, heater, cooler drive)
- 2x hybrid push-pull outputs in several modes:
- open drain low side (contactor drive, etc, same as above)
- open drain high side (for example, controller Vcc drive to avoid contactors and gain unlimited current rating)
- full push-pull PWM (for example, for 12V contactor drive without 12V system)
- full switch-mode DAC up to 100mA and full battery voltage range (for example, to charge 12V battery or supply any range of voltages for variable fans or analogue SOC gauges)
- Onboard status LED and warning/error buzzer
- Onboard 16 meg FLASH memory (read on)
- It is just 18650-cell-wide (65mm). Because size matters.
- Android app, of course (bluetooth)
- Full flexibility of settings with convenient Windows app (GUI)
- Open protocol MODBUS communication (for easy integration in to larger systems)
- Event list with timestamp (charger connected, preheat started, charging started, charging finished, charger disconnected, etc...)
- Usage statistics (total Ah used, critical disbalance, voltage, current, temperature values, times charged, miles/kilometers driven, etc)
- Estimation of SoC and remaining charging time or driving distance
- Bootloader for firmware updates, of course
It is not quite there yet. But it is just a hair shy of mass production. Final firmware adjustments are being done and hopefully it will be ready soon.
First batch ordered (March 1, 2016)
Why am I posting this?
Well, basically I want to know your opinions about the product and if there are any feature requests. Just please don't say more S, I know this one well. No, it is not stackable at the moment.
Cost. What do you think would be fair enough?