Battery amp Vs phase amp?

Batteries, Chargers, and Battery Management Systems.
esust   1 mW

1 mW

Re: battery / phase current ratio unanswered

Post by esust » Feb 03 2018 3:19am

Thanks all and also thanks to Ferret for summing it up first time i.e 'similar to a buck converter'.

having done some research that makes much more sense, otherwise it seemed like controllers have transformers inside them. seems like the average phase current is higher than the average battery current but peak battery current should be similar to peak phase current.

esust   1 mW

1 mW

Re: Battery amp Vs phase amp?

Post by esust » Feb 03 2018 3:39am

Cheers for the responses. yes seems like it's acting as a buck converter. that makes sense. Average battery current higher than the average phase current.

GreyVlad   100 mW

100 mW

Post by GreyVlad » Feb 03 2018 6:00am

I should recommend that explanation:
http://www.4qdtec.com/pwm-01.html

major   10 kW

10 kW

Post by major » Feb 03 2018 12:42pm

esust wrote:
Feb 03 2018 3:39am
Cheers for the responses. yes seems like it's acting as a buck converter. that makes sense. Average battery current higher than the average phase current.
Hi esust,

You have that backwards. RMS phase currrent is higher than average battery current.

Regards,

major

Edit:
You had it right in the other thread.
esust wrote:
Feb 03 2018 3:19am
Thanks all and also thanks to Ferret for summing it up first time i.e 'similar to a buck converter'.

having done some research that makes much more sense, otherwise it seemed like controllers have transformers inside them. seems like the average phase current is higher than the average battery current but peak battery current should be similar to peak phase current.
Note: Average Alternating Current (such as phase current) = zero. So the RMS (Root Mean Squared) value is used.