22.2V 24ah 60/120C LIPO $30 Bulk Thoughts Concerns

evo1087

100 mW
I am designing an E-Dirtbike I can't wait for Litium Silicon so I'm looking at these cheap high performance batteries straight from China. They are advertised for UAV/Drone use. They advertise 800+ cycles and 200wh/l for their products.

Sources:
Specs: http://www.yabopower.com/products/hobbies-and-uav/24000mah-6s-60c-lipo-battery.html
On Alibaba: https://m.alibaba.com/product/60194025070/22-2v-60C-120C-6s-24000mAh.html

Thanks for reading my post and I look forward to replies. Especially if you want to bulk order with me.

You wont know if its any good until you get one and test it !
Buying batteries from China direct is a huge gamble, with so many sad failures in the past.
HK is far from the best, but at least you know the products have been proven and they actually do have a warranty that works.

The plan is to buy 6-15 units asap. with such limited quantity they should give me a good batch. If they don't live up to spec then they deserve bad press with inst worth the risk to them. The company looks reputable from the links I've provided. Though limited I've only seen good things written about them on RC and Drone boards.

Its your money but ?....i would want to see reliable test results before sending that much cash to china.
If there is a reputable RC /drone site or similar that have tested them with acceptable results ...then fine.(Links?)
Otherwise just get a sample for testing, or at the very most , get the bare minimum amount you need until you know you are not being sold dodgy cells.
Pretty much guarantee they are nothing like 60C , and even they only claim 500A max discharge ( 20C ?) so you may want to review your design requirements for 750A.
Either way, keep us updated on how they turn out...You may have just struck battery gold !

The 500A max.is from a different model. I was wondering about that contradiction though. I'll make sure to question them about that before any transactions. I can use them in parallel for more amps. The most I can fit on my frame is 10, but with 6 I'm still lighter and more powerful than a CRF450.

SRBEL from RCgroups.com wrote -
"I've had a pile of Nanotech 8ah 6s packs. Ran them in parallel for 16ah. They puff, have high internal resistance. Of the 12 packs I've had three totally fail. I've been using these no name batteries form China for the last 6 months and what a difference. Super low IR and flat as the day I bought them. We've been mapping projects like crazy and these packs are amazing. I found them on Alibaba lol! YaboPower 6s22ah. Took a risk, but it paid off. HK packs are hit and miss. I've found certain series that perform really well like compact series 4s5ah and Zipping 4s8ah, but lots of others from the same series are garbage. Yabo Power lol. Pretty funny name!"

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1677105&page=775

One guy used them in the desert and complained about puffing but to be fair thats a torture test.

It turns out the Made-in-china ad is incorrect. And the list price is $250 for this particular product with $50 each for shipping. Not as affordable as I thought, but still competitive.

The representative told me the peak discharge is in fact 2400A but he would not tell me the voltage drop at said discharge or at constant 60C

Hobby King just dropped the prices on many of their batteries 10 to 20%.
I wouldn't buy LiPoly anywhere else.

Reviving from the dead....

Any word on how the packs worked for you?

No I really want to but haven't had the time to work on the MX project. I was distracted by my 3kw moped LiFe pack build for awhile, but im still very interested in these. I asked a friend in Hong Kong to inquire about them and they quoted him $200 each..He wrote to them In English so I bet if he could write Chinese he would of got quoted even cheaper. That a substantial local price drop. So for English speaking demographic probably $250 with shipping each.

Back