Any experiences with TS-LFP20AHA ?

reagle

100 W
I've been contemplating getting some cells from elitepower, but I see now that their 20AH cells are no longer individually packaged, but are grouped in fours to better approximate 12V packs. Question is- how does one balance/monitor individual cells if all you get is a big + and - out of the pack? Would the pack stay balanced with their charger despite lack of individual LVC? I'd imagine best case you monitor every four cells, but that sounds kinda non-optimal to me.

"Cell balancing capability is a very beneficial feature to bring the cells within a pack more closed matched. We currently do not have cell balancers available. We are exploring in this direction. We welcome collaboration and partnership leading to most suitable solution in this area. We only recommend putting cells in series during application, never in parallel. This ensures all cells are having the same charge and discharge rate (same current)."

http://elitepowersolutions.com/products/qanda.php

They don't have any experience with balancing, so they just threw the battery together without thinking about it.

The battery looks like a good deal, but I think you will need to practically break the battery apart to get at the individual cells to balance them. Odds are you will not get long life if you ran them stock.

The response I got was that the charger handles balancing by adding a third, pulse stage . Not exactly sure what it does there without knowing cell voltages. LVC becomes a bit of a pain too as you only get to guess what each cell is at I suppose..

Back