Alternative store than HK for Lipos: BG

iacei

1 W
Hi,

as a RC enthousiast I ordered a lot from Hobby King because of the choice, the EU warehouse etc...

But now for our EV Projects we need choice in the 4s-5s-6s range with big capacities

Unfortunately for the lipos on HobbyKing, the choice in the non global warehouse is scares and if you go on the Global warehouse you have big shipping costs and Fedex-Dangerous Goods is mandatory

For my country Fedex means Customs taxes 100% sure + extra costs so I searched to find another good Lipo source.

And surprisingly Banggood offers now a vast range of Lipos! I could find 4s-5s (pretty rare)-6s with 8000 / 10000mah capacities! Which is great for my escooter.

When I order from BG I rarely get customs taxes and there are often coupons so this is a good deal to me and I wanted to share it with you:

Here the batteries I just ordered:

2 x 5s 10000mAh = 2 x 90$ shipping included

b667b703-fd99-4487-9851-b6572663efcb.jpg

http://www.banggood.com/ZOP-Power-18_5V-10000mAh-5S-40C-Lipo-Battery-XT60-Plug-p-1021730.html

8% extra coupon ToysHo at this time!

Cheers and Happy New Electrical Year!

And this country is Europe? So this is a good place to buy if you are in Europe?

Im watching lipo too at the moment and you are right the HK warehouse is empty for the US also. But the 6s 12000mah multistars are only $72 each and shipping for three is only $45 to US. And are we sure those other lipos are even decent, multistar has a good reputation on delivering performance. I would hate to buy ebay lipo just to save $60 and then have the batteries suck.

They aren't that cheap?
I get €87.05 for one 5S - 10 000mAh?

If I would want to build a decent size battery it would cost me more then using brand 18650 cells...

One euro = one dollar, so the price is good. I would prefer HK though unless another company has no hassle guarantee. HK may take a while for refund but they made good on it when senting me 200$ of highly imbalanced batteries.
Generally speaking and apparently especially 'in season', I'd expect bigger countries to have best prices and deals at least somewhat due to surface shipping bulk to warehouses and avoiding hazard restrictions?

Skeetab, I've never been able to actually complete an order from the international warehouse? Have others?
I had my bike out yesterday and really need some fresh lipo lol. As a noob I was hard on them @ over 1/2 the cont rating, 3c charges, and have had one or two over discharges. If there's nothing spectacular available now, I'd expect some good pre-season pricing/sales.

Ive been thinking about clicking the buy button on three 6s 12ah multistars. Thad give me 18s plenty of amps to test my LR mid drive when the new kelly controller comes in. Have yet to do it though. My last turnigy 10ah pack i smoked two full cell groups out of 20 because i had headphones on and went full throttle for too long...song ended and my lvc buzzer was sounding off but it was way to late.

iacei said:
Hi,.....
Unfortunately for the lipos on HobbyKing, the choice in the non globgal warehouse is scares and if you go on the Global warehouse you have big shipping costs and Fedex-Dangerous Goods is mandatory

For my country Fedex means Customs taxes 100% sure + extra costs so I searched to find another good Lipo source.
!

Unless BG are in your home country....nothing changes regarding import duties and taxes.
...and untill someone posts reliable performance tests, any new battery source is a risk.
Been there, done that, ...too many times !

Would it not matter about duties, for any country in the EU? As long as its going from EU country to EU country?

But which country? in case it does?

dogman dan said:
And this country is Europe? So this is a good place to buy if you are in Europe?

Europe is not a Country Dude :)

But I live in Luxemburg which is part of Europe indeed.

Customs differ from one country to another, some are stricter then others. But Using Fedex there is no way avoidng the costs becquse Fedex itself asks for them.

As I will pull 30-45A from the Lipos which are surely over-rated to 40C (40x10A) I have a very high margin even if those are only 10C capable.

It depends but mostly China, they have a US warehouse though for big items

Before buying a bunch of packs, buy a single pack and test it.

Many folks have found RC packs for sale cheap that were shamefully over rated capacity and abysmal quality control.

I'm not saying they must be crap, but you really don't know until testing if it's worth bothering with.

True dat brother Luke.

Simply cannot trust vendor claims and labels of hobby packs. I always test capacity, DC IR and leakage. If/when I find good results I stock up and test those to make sure they're similar. I don't what the C rate on the label claims, if I can measure less than 5mOhm/cell DC IR, those won't sag much.

Hillhater said:
iacei said:
It depends but mostly China, they have a US warehouse though for big items

OK, so how does that make the freight/tax/duty situation any different to using proven HKing products ?
...unless someone is making false shipping declarations.

The whole difference is on the shipping method. As I said, in Luxembourg or France Fedex equals you are screwed. If it is normal Post you have only 20% chances you will get customs taxes (based on my experience)

With the capacity I took, i will only use the Lipos at 4C so if they are not 40C but only 10C it's fine for my Project.

I'll keep you in touch.

Back