Battery totally drained...strange

ebike11

1 MW
Hi guys
Yesterday i had been riding fine with my 36v battery pack and motor. Its been running fine until today when i connected the charger and it didnt start. I tested the charger on a different battery so its not the problem.
I pressed the battery indicator on the battery but no lights apprear however yesterday there were 2 green power lights displaying.
Now no lights and 0 voltage on the volt meter.
Would it be a bms problem and if so..is there a way to "jump start" the battery to get it charging again?
Thanks !!

Did you leave the charger on it, but unplugged from the wall?
That'll tend to drain it in the course of days.

If it's actually way down below 1v per cell, it's not advisable at all to try to fix. I would get into it to test the various cell string voltages coming to the bms. It could be reading 0% but the cells are just a bit below a salvageable 2.5v per cell/string.

Yes, first thing,, look for a fuse, on the charger too.

You may have a big problem though, like a short developed good enough to drain the pack. This could be a short inside a cell,, and is the kind of thing that sometimes causes a fire.

Or it could be the bms shut off, for something simple, like a wire broke inside.

Some days,, it seems like the only thing I ever do as a moderator,, move a battery problem thread to the battery section. :roll:

Back