Looking for a good 6s balancer thru sense wire only

999zip999

100 TW
Ok I see DrAngle gadget thread and see these http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=5+in+1+smart+battery+meter&_sop=15. Cheap does it jusy bleed or does it balance. Or the famos with problems bc168 charger, charging thru the balance plug. Any good ? H.K. Seams to be out of there product. So what is a reliable choice I'm not wanting to throwing away my money or cost me that my whole Kingdom.
Oh it's for my A123 20ah 24s pack 978 cycles and 15,040 miles 4 plus years no bms. New controller set 85amp, but CA shows 130amp spike is this right ?

Looks like a blue clone of the CellMeter7 from Hobby King. Can't judge the quality but at that price it might be worth getting one to test. It should be easy enough to verify how accurate it is.
I have a pair of the Hobby King models that I use every time I Bulk charge. I charge to 4.2 volts per cell then plug the CellMeter7 in for a few hours. The pack settles in at around 4.15 and is perfectly balanced. It will balance at any charge level so you could bottom balance if you want to.

If it's as inaccurate as the Battery Medics have been reported to be (mine doesn't appear all that accurate but hasnt' been tested thoroughly), you'd want to test yours out comparing it to a voltmeter on every channel at various levels, and make sure it actually balances each channel the same as the others.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Digital-RC-2s-6s-LCD-Li-battery-Voltage-Balancer-Meter-Tester-Charger-Y9P1-/252713574404?nav=SEARCH
Or a pricer one that is more simple 3 in 1.
Any one have good luck ? What's your favorite for balancing lifepo4 ?
The first one is $6.25 and second one $11.80 I have sean them as high as $36.00

I think you should look around at all the other "balancer" posts/threads before you continue your search, because that is a picture of a battery medic, which has a lot of info on ES. ;)

Just seeing the pictures of what people have already used, and knowing what they worked like, from the posts / threads here on ES, you'd then be able to weed out the ones that look the same on sales sites (because they are usually just rebranded versions of the same thing, or else are just even cheaper and less reliable clones of them).

My own "favorite" for any balancing of any kind is a reliable voltmeter and an individual-cell drain load of a large wattage low-resistance to drain high cells to match the rest, and/or a Lab PSU with full-range adjustable voltage and current to fill low cells to match the rest.

I wish there was one, but there's so much cheap garbage out there, some of which is clones of what used to be good stuff, and some of which is cheaper clones of cheaper garbage.

Partly because of the proliferation of that, which people buy because it is cheap, there's not many good ones out there, and what there is is even more expensive than it would otherwise be, because they don't sell as many as they otherwise could (and thus bring down manufacturing costs, etc). It also gives little incentive to design and market something better, because like the Watts Up, it's likely to be cloned and made with much lower cost parts (and less reliable and/or accurate ones) and sold for so much cheaper that the original may never sell enough to even cover R&D costs.

This problem affects pretty much every kind of thing there is out there, but small complex electronics even moreso. It's part of why there are always complaints that Grin stuff is not cheap enough....

There's one out there that looks like a blue medic that comes with 3 50w lights it uses to discharge with.

Ought not to melt it's self at least, speaking nothing to the accuracy...

The title of this thread is Looking for a 6s balance wire , or are you looking for a cell master/ cell meter ?

If you are looking for balance wires so that you can balance each cell ( and are going to solder them on your self )
You could buy a Balance extension wire, and cut of the one end.

http://www.buddyrc.com/12-6s-jst-xh-extension-cable.html

And/Or you looking for a battery checker ?

http://www.buddyrc.com/battery-voltage-capacity-checker.html

To clarify I have a 24s A123 20ah pouch battery. I have it two 12s with jst 6s balance wire. No bms bs
. I originally set it up for a 12s rc balance charger. But all of them just break

I always wondered why my icharger106b needs main leads connected to balance charge. Could it be spoofed? Or bypassed?

Yeah, the medics work if they don't overheat, but they take FORever to do any real work.
How bad is it going outa balance zip? And what the heck is the 24s 85-100a (7.5 - 9kw?) for?
Maybe with that kinda cycles and age it's time to do the bms, or retire the pack?

Si special Nut at 983 cycles 4 pkus years. Is it like good years ? Love. I want to build a 20ah 20s https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=80395But out of stock and off the site ??? Big worries. ? Is 10ah any good ?
So might get 10ah westart cells @ 20s @ 60amps .??? Me thinking ?.

All of ... what , just break ?

The balance wires / plug ?

or the Charger port where the 7 pin ( 6s ) plug , plugs into ?
meaning Charger breaks ?

For any batteries I buy in the future I am going to buy balance wire extensions, so that way you can cut off one end solder each wire to each cell, no matter what kind of cell you have/what kind of pack you are going to build.

999zip999 said:
. I originally set it up for a 12s rc balance charger. But all of them just break

Charger breaks ?
I'm thinking they're heavier duty than medics for balancing, but the heat gets to them eventually too. Just not designed for a heavy enough duty cycle?

Yeah 999zip, I don't know. It would def be ok to build a new pack as those aren't spring chickens anymore. Good life. Balancing or using bms can keep 'em going but is it worth the extra pita and even a minimal risk?

Apparently some use balancing boards? http://www.ebay.com/itm/232240733746?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

amberwolf said:
Perhaps you haven't read the rules, but ads of any kind are not allowed outside the Online Market section of the forum.

Sorry I have not.
I'll see if I can delete it.

Scooter101 hyperion1420 and three 1220 chargers stopped working. Send the 1420 to Dmum, but he couldn't figure it out. I guess I will pull them out. Maybe they just fixed themselves ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=252713574404
This is what I order. Not many say they are lifepo4 compatible and only a 3 in 1 as opposed to 7 and 1. Plus it's in La Puente California shouldn't take too long to get here. Roll the dice Boys Roll the Dice.

that cell checker from e-bay, is only up to 6s packs , I have not yet found one that goes up to 8s , A Hobby King one that checks up to 7s cells is available.
Now
On the Charger , you say you have a 24 s battery pack, are you willing to split that into 3 parts for charging , if so you can get this ... https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-accucel-8-150w-7a-balancer-charger.html
H.K. has a 1 year warranty period on their chargers.
However,
If you have the money , over $ 300 the Satiator is available ... w.ebikes.ca/shop/electric-bicycle-parts/chargers/cycle-satiator-72v-5a.html

999zip999 said:
Scooter101 hyperion1420 and three 1220 chargers stopped working. Send the 1420 to Dmum, but he couldn't figure it out. I guess I will pull them out. Maybe they just fixed themselves ?

i have a bc168 and an a6plus. i love the a6plus. it's more or less the only charger i use for all my rc-lipo. from 2s to 6s. from charging to discharging (if battery was fully charged, but not used in the field), and balancing.
great if you build batteries from different state of charge batteries. you can bring a lot of them to the exact charging state before assembly.
and you can quick balance (up to 8A per channel - i prefer 3A max) bigger batteries. just connect several 6s balance plugs to you battery and use them to check voltages and charge them.
i still have a bms for my big bike battery and do bulk charging though as it's more convenient.

Back