Does anyone in the US sell 2p packs, or make custom packs?

I'm crossposting from https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=89171 since it seems no one reads that sub-forum.

I'd like to buy small 2p packs for stealth builds. 14s2p in a seatbag-sized pack with enough range for a commute while still being very light. I found legitimate suppliers on alibaba who make them, but I can only find one vendor in the US that sells them (Luna) and I'd like to have more options. Does anyone else sell these? Is there anyone reputable who will make a custom pack like this?

Smallpacks are much more easier to kill with BMS and checking cells it's just easier to kill. Luna has them. A cheap Chinese pack has cheap generic cells. These packs can only be made with high-quality verified cells. Cheap cost twice.
The big question is what do you think motor and controller ?

okashira, does custom packs and has nice cells.

I am sure someone else here could do as well.

good luck

999zip999 said:
Smallpacks are much more easier to kill BMS and checking cells it's just easier to kill. Luna has them. A cheap Chinese pack has cheap generic cells. These packs can only be made with high-quality verified cells. Cheap cost twice.
The big question is what do you think motor and controller ?
I'm not looking for cheap. I'm looking for available. I know Luna sometimes has them, but I'm looking for another option. This is for a BBS02 that's going to be capped at a pretty modest current draw so I think there are definitely cells that can swing it.

cheapcookie said:
okashira, does custom packs and has nice cells.

I am sure someone else here could do as well.

good luck
Thanks! I sent them a PM.

30 amp controller ? Your battery should deliver 40 amps for your cells to last. 2p sounds like a 18 amp controller with high quality cells. Samsung 25r.

Ron Paul's Blimp said:
I'm crossposting from https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=89171 since it seems no one reads that sub-forum.

I'd like to buy small 2p packs for stealth builds. 14s2p in a seatbag-sized pack with enough range for a commute while still being very light. I found legitimate suppliers on alibaba who make them, but I can only find one vendor in the US that sells them (Luna) and I'd like to have more options. Does anyone else sell these? Is there anyone reputable who will make a custom pack like this?
2p packs ca suffer severe sag. If youre powering a 10a 250w motor go, but i just read a post where someone is running a 2p pack pulling 30A, expect problems.

PM for packs.

Shawn McCarty fabbed up a 10S-3P (36V 10AH) for me earlier this year, but he pulled the custom battery link off his web page, so maybe he quit that sideline. You can email him and ask at shawn@batteryblocs.com. I had to shrink wrap it myself, but he used GA cells. Spec'ed at 360 watt-hrs. Ran it down to 32 volts and the wattmeter said 320 watt-hours. The BMS hadn't tripped yet, but my bike had very little power, so that's as low as I took it. Shawn still has his battery blocks for sale on his site.

As for 2P, my Luna mini is 14S-2P and that runs all my bikes, including a BBS02, but those are also GA cells. A 13S-3P is getting bulky.

Battery blocs are quite bulky. Vruzend kits make nice smaller pack kits. http://Www.Vruzend.com great cells to, better than GA, IMO.

Any other vendors doing custom 13s2p packs?
This is for a custom application (non-eike).

A 13s3p pack has a bunch of extra weight and isn't needed, and a 14s pack has too high voltage for the electronics. So it really has to be a 13s pack.

gsa103 said:
Any other vendors doing custom 13s2p packs?
This is for a custom application (non-eike).

A 13s3p pack has a bunch of extra weight and isn't needed, and a 14s pack has too high voltage for the electronics. So it really has to be a 13s pack.

I haven't found one of those either. There are some companies that will do one-off custom packs. I talked to em3ev.com for a bit, and they do them, but their 14s2p design up being way too big for me in terms of dimensions (it was as big as some 14s4p packs, IIRC). I'm talking to someone at batteryspace.com now.

999zip999 said:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=67661

I chatted with okashira, but he/she doesn't make packs with BMSs, at least not currently, and I was looking for a complete pack with BMS and all that.

Back