How to Re-balance cells in a 10S4P pack ??

randyc1

100 W
In my E-skate 10S4P pack some welds were damaged by extreme bending ( Car incident), at the time only enclosure was damaged , but after a few rides a Power problem occured.

I took battery out and discovered the damaged Welds on 2 of the 4P Packs out of the 10.

I disconected those 2 pack from the 10 and took them apart to single cells again.

Verdict:8 cells total,..... 3 cells completely dead ,..(2) at 3.69V,...(1) at 3.70V,..(1) at 3.86V,..and (1) at 4.05 V

All other 4P in the rest of Battery are at 3.74V

My question is : How do i get the remaining 5+3 new cells that are unbalanced to 3.74V like rest of Pack before re integrating back into Battery ???

Thanks !!

A few possibilities
--Single cell charger
--lab power supply (Lab PSU)
--RC Charger set to 1s

There's various other battery repair threads that discuss each of those and probably other methods, too.

You can charge a cell some, then more easily hit an exact number by watching it discharge to the volts you want. A 12v turn signal light bulb is a great discharger for a single cell. Slow enough to hit a precise voltage.

But really,, this is the time to buy a very cheap RC charger. the 50w kind. it will be able to charge the rest of your battery back to 4.2v, as well as adjust the rest to equal enough volts to assemble, then charge to 4.2v.

Back