Turn key 4s lifepo4??

pwbset

100 kW
Hey folks.. I've been out of the loop for quite a few years and searching around is a little overwhelming at this point so I'm looking for help. I'm looking for a ready built/turn key 4s lifepo4 battery of at least 40ah for use in a camper. I turned my old Makita tool pack cells into a 3s 50ah camper battery, but the cells are so old at this point that the voltage isn't tripping my furnace sail switch so I want to "upgrade". Figure nominal 4s lifepo4 at 12.8v will be enough to trip the furnace and keep me toasty at night.

Any tips on where to buy a 4s40ah+ lifepo4 battery for affordable these days? Built in BMS & a charger are required also.

Thanks! Gonna go read some more and see if I can get caught up on the latest stuff. :D

Might ask pingbattery.

Thanks for the replies folks. I was thinking prismatic or headway etc. and while I can do some DIY on it to save money I'd prefer to just get something pre-made. I see years later that while prices have come down a lot lithium 12v is still waaaaaay more expensive than lead. Thanks again.

The only 12v lifepo4 batteries that seem to be reasonably priced are motorcycle starter batteries...GF just bought a camper and I too was looking at a lithium replacement, but found them extremely expensive as well.

If you ever find good ones wineboyrider let me know.

Last question... can 12v camper DC accessories handle say 16v+ hot of the charger? I can't seem to find much online if this is the case. I'm thinking of using some other old Makita cells I have in a 4S, but that would make them 16.8v... probably fry my camper stuff???? Sure would make my furnace heater fan spin better haha.

pwbset said:
If you ever find good ones wineboyrider let me know.

Last question... can 12v camper DC accessories handle say 16v+ hot of the charger? I can't seem to find much online if this is the case. I'm thinking of using some other old Makita cells I have in a 4S, but that would make them 16.8v... probably fry my camper stuff???? Sure would make my furnace heater fan spin better haha.
Most RV stuff is probably brushed motor and could easily take a little extra voltage.

Google "lifepo4 wheelchair battery" and you will find lots of them with nice packages and built in BMS. Not cheap though.

How about this Pro-Power one..
12v, 50 Ah, $599
http://www.ozimall.com.au/Pro-Power-12V-Volt-50ah-Lithium-Ion-LiFePo4-Deep-Cycle-Battery-Solar-4WD-Caravan

Whilst browsing this topic, i came across these interesting lithium packs for solar street light back up... !
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/12v-40ah-lifepo4-electric-wheelchair-battery_60683875180.html?spm=a2700.7724857.main07.173.2bd139757b5Wf7
Apart from the cheap apparent cost ($110 for 12v 40ah) and multiple capacities available, they seem to have some unusual features, ...like remote internet condition monitoring via a free app.
Not a lot of detail.. I think 18650 based..and all on a common 5" dia "tube" format. ?
it may even have a charge/discharge controller inside ?
Anybody seen or know anything about these ?
HTB1I1yCSFXXXXaOXpXXq6xXFXXXt.jpg

Back