20s8p Samsung 25R Pack-- Is it worth it?

Excuse my ignorance--

I want to run a 3000w mid drive Cyclone or 5000w hub and I also want ample distance and enough battery to cruise 35mph easily maybe even cruise around 40ish. I want to build it on the Enduro Frame.

My plan is to build a pack that is 20s8p built from Samsung 25R 18650 cells (Please suggest any other cells if you think they will be better or even cheaper-- current price for the 160 cells is $689.76)

The above pack will put out 72v and 20AH; 1440 watt hour. I believe also believe it will have available 160A.

Question: Is there any way to calculate distance and how much juice will be needed based on body weight on flat ground? One of my concerns is also hills. We have a ton of rolling hills here, with some being difficult to climb.

Request: Give your opinion on the above pack. I have thought of breaking it down to TWO 10s8 packs and connecting them in a series to leave more space in the frame's battery compartment. I will also likely use the Vruzend kit to connect the cells so I don't have the exact dimension of the 20s8p pack but I dig get a image from LiLei showing the dimension of the battery compartment on the Enduro frame.

Question: For a 3000w Mid like the Cyclone or a 5000w hub (likely a LeiLi) will the above pack give me what I want-- 35 mph easy cruising to keep up with traffic and hill climbing ability?

The cells are rated for 8C continuous, which in the case of your pack is an excessive 11.5kW or so. 2kW at the wheel should be enough to maintain 35mph, and a 2C discharge of your pack is close to 3kW, plenty enough to produce 2kW after losses.

Consider using footpegs instead of pedals on your motorcycle. And please avoid using bicycle infrastructure.

You should check out member eyebicycle he has a lot of what you want

999zip999 said:
Vruzend kit was never meant to be for high power packs. Your pack would better if spot welded and smaller.

I thinking about breaking it down to either-- (Two)10s10p packs or (Four)5s10p packs

I want solderless/spot weld-free no matter in case I need to remove bad cells.

Mikey_Builds said:
I want solderless/spot weld-free no matter in case I need to remove bad cells.

Then the current limitations of your pack construction will dictate the power limitations of your pack. The math is simple, once you know how many amps your contacts can carry.

Back