greenworks old type 40v battery.

staska

10 mW
Cheaply for 25 gbp each bought four greenworks old type, non gmax batteries. Looks like new. Holds charge well. Will use it for e surf board. Did any one have any ratin on max djscharge current ? Yes, i do found how to activate them.

Also - did any one now how to use this old type battery on gmax tool ? I have made same mechanical changez, now it fits. Plus battery activation. But chainsaw cuts off in 30 seconds, trimmer in 10s. And this timing is stable. Could build new controllers, because both tool uses simple dc motors, but - always liked easy way. Any info on gmax controllers ?

staska said:
Did any one have any ratin on max djscharge current ? Yes, i do found how to activate them.

Also - did any one now how to use this old type battery on gmax tool ? Any info on gmax controllers ?

I don't know if I ever found anywhere on the net that showed the older non-Gmax pack internals. The Gmax version has a thread here, and some info available.
You would have to pull one of them apart to see what cells are used inside. There are 3 stickers that you have to either remove or cut in order to open them up. So if you were planning on keeping them in tact for warranty purposes, opening them up to peek inside won't be an option.

As for the issue with the tools, I an not sure. I do not own any of the GreenWorks tools, not even a charger for these batt packs.
But I have dismantled many of the Gmax 40v packs to harvest the cells for other purposes. They have Sanyo UR18650RX cells inside. Specs on these claim up to 22A, while other sources show 20A Cont. I can not reveal my source, but these have been tested up to 30A without issues. I would say 20A cont. would be safe, if kept within reason.
The cells in the non-Gmax 40v could be the same as the Gmax ver. Unless you can find info somewhere online confirming this, the only way to be 100% sure is to open yours.

Are you in the USA?

The non gmax packs should have blue chinese 18650 cells not sanyo. They are good for 7a max per cell. If your tools are cutting out that fast there could be some sort of unbalanced cell causing the bms to cut out. If your using them on a ebike then you could open thm up and put regular balance leads on them to charge
[youtube]1iixrd1NImc[/youtube]

Thanks guy for reply. No, i am from europe. I had solve this problem in simply manner - use regulated switched mode converter from ebay. 1.2-36 volts and 8ampers. 12 amps protection. Vorks perfectly.

I' am littly dissapointed on china cells. Are they any good on long run ? 7 amps are per cell or per battery ? Battery use double cells in parralel.

Ok. So it is ok to use 4 packs to deliver 2000watts in longer burst ?

Id say yes since that's the rating of the cell, I think in the video it shows the part number you can google the spec sheet.

Back