cheap 1s-8s buzzerAlarm : doesn't work for 7/8s

timmy66

100 mW
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-Lipo-Battery-Low-Voltage-Alarm-1S-8S-Buzzer-Indicator-Checker-Tester-LED-Best-/282397825614

Tried searching to see if similar reports, I bought a good handful of these from 3 different sellers, and each and every one does not properly measure cells 7s and 8s.

With all cells around 4.1V, cell 7s reads 6.3V, and cell 8s 0.06V. One of the other cells is over by 0.3V, and the other adjacent (5s/6s) is down by 0.3V.

I broke 13s out onto a prototype, and the same issue happens every time when shifting left to right (eg, measure 1s-8s, then 2s-9s, 3s-10s, etc.).

Cells 7s and 8s are not working.

I saw some reviews on Amazon saying the same thing, but not a lot of reporting for this. Perhaps most are using these for 6s battery packs (like 2x 5s for a 10s pack), in this case, it seems to be ok, just with the caveats of weird voltage variations as DrkAngel has suggested verifying before trusting.

Appears there must be millions of these out there that won't work for >6s? Maybe the standard old 6s version just was adapted incorrectly.

Thanks @AW// exactly the issue.

There must be a million out there like this.

I brought some from the bay and Amazon 16 in total, but they are all out, but only 0.3 at most, still to far out so junk to me.

Back