Normal 48V cell # equivalent for LiFePO4

timmy66

100 mW
Curious for others that have built their own packs, if you'd opted for 15s, 16s, or higher ?? for DIY'ing your own packs with LiFePO4 cells.

It seems their discharge curves flatten more around 3.2V than their charging 3.6'ish V rating -- making you want to add another series group or three, to have more voltage availability where LiIos would normally rest when nearer their 90% SOC.

Of course, that also gives you some brief periods near series_count * ~3.6V , so if wanting to stick in the "safe" ~54V zone on a 17s pack, you'll also have some periods over 60V. Also folks have been writing that self discharge often ~immediately reduces the voltage curve below 3.5V.

(As prices for LiFePO4 cells can be very attractive at times, ~1/2 of LiIo for same capacity, and also their long life time specs )

BMS sourcing issues for weird cell count numbers tho, if doing that...

Thanks

Do 16s. Get a strong enough cell to handle your needs. What are you planning to use it for. Controllers amp draw and motor. They are heavy and usually need a 15ah or 20ah pack. But I have 1,062 cycles and it balances prefect each time no bms. These are high quality A123 cells , not cheap blue no name cells. I'm looking for a lighter battery for a lighter bike. Don't like all the interconnections on a 18650 pack. My cells are 20ah (18ah) really. Did I say heavy

Back