Lost my battery bottle key

Has anyone ever lost the key that locks their battery bottle to the holder? Is there a way I can make a key?

Right now I'm using a cam strap to hold the battery in place and it doesn't do that great a job.

- Doug

Try a similar key or keys till one works, or learn to pick the lock and remove it to have a new key made. Helps to know a cheap locksmith who can look up the number on the lock if it has one. :wink:

A clever locksmith can sort it. But the average smith will tell you it can't be done. Have had numerous customers get them made when the seller spaced the keys.

At E BikeKit, they deal with lost keys pretty regular. Unfortunately, the easiest fix was replacing the whole end cap of the battery, key and all.

If you remove the end cap, then you should be able to remove the lock, and then either locksmith it, or replace just the lock with one you find on the internet, that is identical.

As always, once you open it up, take the photo immediately, then label the wires before unplugging, if its an electric switch.

Back