Battery Planning, Current Sharing etc

Lurkin

100 kW
I'm in the position where I'm building my first pack from scratch. I want to build a 13S8P pack for Flux Beta which I cannot wait to get going. I have assembled it as a bike which I have been riding around despite its weight and its time to get a battery together. Motor/Controller/Custom Cycle Analyst Connection are all bench tested and ready to go - the battery is the final frontier.

The shape of the resulting pack is to be 5 x 21 (not using one spot) cell brick. The challenge I am facing is to organize the cells to share current evenly, i.e. the actual layout of the cells after they have been spot welded together. Literally the spacers have now been glued into the right size/shape brick, the cells, nickel, welder, wiring, BMS - everything has been sitting here for months [enter excuses] and I just want to get this guy together.

1. Can anyone suggest a site, program, way of designing the pack before making it, preferably without using a pen and paper. I was intending to use a russian 18650 pack design site referenced on the forum but found its really only for outlining a shape with 18650s and isnt really for connecting between them. Any suggestions of how to go about this the best way would be great.

2. What is the best way to ensure the large +/- from the battery mechanically are secured to the pack so that its use over time does not make them come loose from the pack/work the solder joins etc?

3. anyone know whether commonly used silicon (for gutterings etc) whether it is capable of conducting electricity? I want to use it to connect chuncks of cells spacers together (not the self locking together kind) as its been really effective joining odd spacers together to get the right sized pack in terms of strength, but a little concerned (in hindsight) as to whether it is a conductor.

Back