so it goes on. i made the mains connection. a 10mm wide 0.15 nickle strip.
first i cut of 5cm of insulation of the awg12 silicone wire and divided the wires in two parts, twisted those and tinned them.
then i pre-tinned the nickle and soldered the wire to it, pressing it down with a screwdriver bit by bit.
safety first. it's really important to isolate wires under voltage.
pre-tinned the battery tabs as well. with a good soldering iron and 400°C this takes less than a second. so not much heat transferred into the battery.
welded the strip to the battery. i don't know why, but there were some sparks flying and burnt holes in the nickle. so it doesn't look that nice, and i had to weld at some more points to have 6 valid welding dots.
all done, ready to test
those are not the final wires. just for testing, to see if the BMS is working - which it does! all cells are within 7mV. not what i expected, but good enough. i thought that 5 parallel cells would level each other out closer than that.