nah not the charger... i mean if anyone is bored and wants additional reading homework heres my initial thread about the voltage coming in shy of 42... but i feel thats decent after closer monitoring across all packs... but i will solder both connections on each ond of the watt meter so i can monitor amount of charge and discharge in/out of the packs for reference
I still suggest checking the balance voltages again to look for a contact problem. You did say you broke apart a parallel group in that other thread and found one cell out of 7 not charged. Tells me the connection scheme isn't that good.djbrandonr wrote: ↑Jan 29, 2018 1:30 pmone last bump and update... i ran this pack this week while doing deliveries...
most times I run it till its empty..meaning not empty empty as in WOT and no response but more like the pack is low enough to where I need to start pedaling more than necessary at which point I plug in my backup battery... I dont have a precise value but lets say 10% left..
Now Ive used it about 4-5times and the max charge Ive gotten is 41.6v is this good enough? All my other pre-fabbed batteries stop at 42 or just a hair above.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... 14&t=92382
Why not just test as already suggested?
That's kinda the point of what I've been posting, and why I've been trying to get you to check for this problem: if cells are not connected, or have poor connections (which you haven't tested for yet; the method has been described in previous posts), then that group does not have full capacity.
right, sorry, im not trying to be difficult but how exactly am i testing the resistance for for each cell and series connects and are there specific value ranges i should be looking for? where should i be putting the probes for interconnects and series? thanks!amberwolf wrote: ↑Mar 12, 2018 11:13 pmThat's kinda the point of what I've been posting, and why I've been trying to get you to check for this problem: if cells are not connected, or have poor connections (which you haven't tested for yet; the method has been described in previous posts), then that group does not have full capacity.
You'll still need to do the interconnect-resistance tests as described previously, once the pack is reassembled, to find out which cells besides that one have inconsistent and/or poor connections.
docw009 wrote: ↑Mar 20, 2018 10:27 amYour results and what I read about a similar battery in this thread tell me the system is problematic. It's bad contacts and some of your 6P groups are not 6P.