Please Idiot check my wiriing =)

Quinc

1 kW
First time wiring up lipos and hoping to have another set of eyes on this before I burn up my new lipos and wiring. Or tell me I am making this much harder then it needs to be.. Also any advice on the best way to charge them in parallel? I would like to balance charge them as 20ah 4s with my imax b6. Or buy something so I can balance charge multiple packs at once?

12x turnigy 4s 5ah 25-35C for 12s 20ah (500amp continues)

3x turnigy low volt buzzers set to 3.7v. 1x buzzer per 4 pack bundle

I was told 0/1awg would be overkill so thinking I will either run 2awg or 4awg.

ZEOKyU5.png

Tested with 24v 54ah SLA batteries and she ran great.(gps 18mph) Could only do soft starts as the batteries could not supply enough amps. Hoping with the lipos under the steering wheel and the largest axle sprocket I could fit I will be able to spin the tires.
Px3hSIj.jpg

giphy.gif

Stop: looks to me like you are about to feed 50.4 volts into a 24 volt system. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

And your 8g series connects need too be same gauge as the outputs. They see just the same amount of current. What amps are you pulling?

Hwy89 said:
Stop: looks to me like you are about to feed 50.4 volts into a 24 volt system. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Correct this will give me 7500rpms. If heat does not become an issue I might move up to 16S for 10000 rpms and a good time. 8)

kdog said:
And your 8g series connects need too be same gauge as the outputs. They see just the same amount of current. What amps are you pulling?

Thank you for the info! I will run them with 2/4awg. I have a 400amp kelly controller, but they are overrated. So most likely peak around 275-300a on take offs and average 50-100a. But will not know for sure until I pull logs from the controller or hook up an Ammeter.

uOuE8nq.png

Back