High current battery pack

cre8tiff

1 mW
Hi all, thank you for any help in advanced. I’m getting a 72v 200amp continuous (500amp peak) lifepo4 pack done.

Just occurred to me, do I need a fuse at all? I’ve searched rudimentarily in the section. But can’t find much.

This is a fuse that I found that can kind of work: http://m.littelfuse.com/~/media/automotive/datasheets/fuses/passenger-car-and-commercial-vehicle/advanced-power-system-fuses/littelfuse_zcase_single_mega_starter_datasheet.pdf

And, as it’s going to be bolted down to the controller, do you think an on/off switch can be added onto the pack? Are there any switches out there that are rated to these currents? Is it commonly done? Does it make sense?

PS: it’s a KLS-96601-8080H controller.

Thanks lots!

You would need a 750A ANL fuse, that would be the most compact solution and you can get replacements at the local automotive or marine shop.

Side question: what motor are you going to drive with this controller and battery? What motor can handle 40+kW on its phases without turning into a big ball of plasma?

Hi Flippy, thank you so much for the suggestion. Awesome. There’s an ANL fuse in the controller already. And I’ll be adding one more pre-bms too.

Thank you!
Ps: it’s a QS rated 12kw hub motor that’s 260 x 70H

Back