Are BMSBattery's Generic 18650 Cells Any Good?

wpenner

100 W
Has anyone had success with a generic cell battery from bmsbattery?

I really could use the savings, but if it only will last a year i guess the Panasonic cells are a better value. Using with 500watt motor.

Why would you buy from China?

There are better places to buy cells from like Nkon.nl

or here https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=61608

I'm just trying to find the best value assembled 48v battery shipped to Canada. I'd like to try the budget one out, but not if it is going to be a complete piece of garbage that only lasts one year. I could not find any reviews of them using the search.

Wondering if $135 extra is worth the Panasonic cells
$189 extra to go with em3ev quality pack.

So you meant finished batteries.

This is a compelling reason to pay $150 more. https://em3ev.com/

I bought 100 cells from BMSBattery and protected it using one of their own BMSes.

One of the cells developed an internal short after just a few months, and took out the other cells in the string.

Admittedly, it could happen to any manufacturer, but given other quality and support issues I and others on this board have suffered, I'd recommend against risking it.

Sunder said:
One of the cells developed an internal short after just a few months, and took out the other cells in the string.

Things like that can cause pack fires.

fechter said:
Sunder said:

Admittedly these were LiFePo4 and they were in a farm shed, so the risk was low... But nobody wants to see this when looking at their battery:

file.php

5AH BMSBattery Generic LiFePo4

fechter said:
Such a sad sight. Makes you want to get out a pin.

makes me not wanting to deal with pouches ever.

i refuse to work with them from a company perspective. too dangerous and unreliable. i like my workshop in a unburned state.
when i recieve pounch based batteries for repair or rebuilding i keep the pouches in storage outside the building until i can replace the insides with 18650's and the recyling company comes to pick up the pouches. they are only inside the building during dissassembly of the battery. there is always someone present when a pouch is on the workbench.

flippy
you like others make a mistake of throwing all category in one bag.
Nissan Leaf uses pouches /not LiFePo/ but pouches
Chevy Volt uses pouches /not LiFePo/ but pouches
etc.
one of the best LiFePo chemistry 20Ah cell, high C cells are A123 pouches.

I am not talking about high end stuff from car makers with crash proof compression housings but the chinese crap you find in drones, ebikes and other non industrial sources.

miro13car said:
pouches are not all the same.
so say - China brand pouches

no, because a high end cell like a chevy or leaf pouch outside it's compression housing is just as dangerous. the housing is what keeps the thing from puffing and puncturing. put a piece of shrink wrap around a naked leaf cell like hobby king does and i aint letting them into my shop unsupervised.

Sunder said:
fechter said:
Sunder said:

Admittedly these were LiFePo4 and they were in a farm shed, so the risk was low... But nobody wants to see this when looking at their battery:

file.php

This cells should be inventories, storage for too long and the battery life decay,so will soon be damaged. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Back