using Liitokala Lii-500

HI i have lii 500 charger

i just opened some used makita packs and kept the ones over 2.5v right of the bat.

on lii 500 i see there are nortest, charge and test mode

wich do i use if i want to build a battery ebike

why nor test over just charge? or vice versa

it seems i have to select discharge 250 or 500 ma
and choose charging 500ma or 750 or 1000ma

will the charger stop by it self of i need to check it often after x minutes x hours
thx

Specifications:

Rated capacity: 2100mAh (high drain)
Minimum capacity: 2000mAh
Initial discharging current: 15A
Maximum continuous charging current: 6.5A
Maximum continuous discharging current: 30A
Voltage: 3.8V
Nominal operating voltage: 3.2V
Maximum charge voltage: 4.2V
Discharge cut-off voltage: 2.5V
Dimensions: 65.0mm (L) x 18.2mm (D)

Note: Sony VTC4 IMR cells have a much lower internal resistance than regular 3.7V lithium ions. Voltage could go higher when charged on certain chargers such as the older versions of the WF-139 charger. Always check the voltage of your 18650 IMR battery after a full charge to make sure it is above 4.2V. You can use a multimeter to do this. Overcharging your Sony VTC4 above 4.25V may shorten the life cycle or even cause permanent damage to the product.

Safety Warning:

Do not over-discharge or over-charge your battery.
Recharge empty batteries (resting voltage of 3.6V) as soon as possible. Batteries that are fully drained and left in a discharged state for a long time could result in irreversible damage.
Do not short circuit to prevent massive release of current.
Do not dispose in fire.
Do not leave unattended inside a vehicle.
Do not store or carry your batteries in your pocket, purse or anywhere they can make contact with other metal objects.
Do not leave unattended while charging.
Discontinue use if the battery looks worn, torn, or is exhibiting unusual behavior.

Package Contents:

Charge: charges the battery. It will display the number of mAh put into the battery.
Fast test: drains and then charges the battery. It will display the number of mAh drained from the battery.
Nor test: charges the battery, drains it, and then charges it again. It will also display the number of mAh drained from the battery.

I use the nor test in order to determine the capacity of unknown cells.

If the unknown cell was fully charged, you could also use the fast test to do this.
Another use for the fast test, is to determine how much charge was left in a partially charged cell.
I've not found a use for this mode myself.

Charge is obviously useful for charging. It's also useful if you want to determine how much charge had been drained from a partially charged cell. This can be used to determine real life power consumption of a device.

Back