Voltage drops off when doing full-throttle?

Marv1337n

1 W
So I've recently got a watt meter to monitor the power usuage of my eBike and I've noticed something.
When I'm going full-throttle the voltage drops off from like 54v to 48v whilst the motor is getting around 1400-1500w power.
Is that something to worry about? The battery pack is made with Panasonic PF cells which I haven't heard too much bad about, so anyone got an idea?

5P of PF cells are 2.9Ah * 5 = 14.5Ah. I have 4P of PF cells and don't have this kind of drop. It's usually 3-4V max when romping. Either your cells are old or not genuine

brone said:
5P of PF cells are 2.9Ah * 5 = 14.5Ah. I have 4P of PF cells and don't have this kind of drop. It's usually 3-4V max when romping. Either your cells are old or not genuine

Well I was going with the minimum capacity which is 2.7Ah * 5 = 13,5Ah. Going with the max. capacity is a bit too optimistic for me. Well it could be only a drop of 3-4V I'm not entirely sure but there is a drop for you too?

Marv1337n said:
brone said:

Well I was going with the minimum capacity which is 2.7Ah * 5 = 13,5Ah. Going with the max. capacity is a bit too optimistic for me. Well it could be only a drop of 3-4V I'm not entirely sure but there is a drop for you too?

Of cource, every cell has a voltage drop off. If you want less drop off buy high-current cells like the Samsung 25R or LG HG2

brone said:
Marv1337n said:
brone said:

Of cource, every cell has a voltage drop off. If you want less drop off buy high-current cells like the Samsung 25R or LG HG2

Oh I wasn't aware of that and I've thought that would be a sign that my BMS is damaged or something like that.

Jon NCal said:
brone said:

Is that 3-4 volt drop at 1400-1500w?

Yes. BBS02 58V @ 25A

Seems normal considering you are killing those poor pannies.

You need a much bigger battery (more P) in order to handle the current.

Back