BMS not working

Schrockie

1 µW
I just built a 14s 20ah 1000w triangle battery. The C- port will not work, I can only charge thru P-. I have contacted the supplier about this problem and they stated that if any of the parallels are more than 0.05v out of whack that the BMS C- will not activate. I have never had this problem before with individual parallels being a volt off and BMS not working. Here are my readings for my 14s starting from P1-P14.
P1: 3.66
P14: 3.68
This is after a 10 mile ride.

Sounds like a BMS design usable only for perfect new cells. Might want to look into a different manufacturer.

I don't see any cells that are a volt off. If you did have any then those would be problematic, and you'd know where to start troubleshooting.

Your cells are mostly pretty close, but you've got that one low group that's about a tenth of a volt lower, which could indicate a problem with either those cells, or the BMS channel hooked to them (if it's stuck on, it could continously drain them).

Sometimes cells that get out of balance are because they're just crappy cells, or old, but it also happens because of too high a load for them. Or of course because of connection problems (bad welds, or other poor pack interconnects).

Back