12.8 Lipo4 pack

dventu

100 W
I going to be creating a small lipo4 pack that will be 90ah. Any suggestions for a bms and charger

I been using a small 5 dollar 4s bms (30 amp) on my 110 ah lifepo4. I rarely use more then 15 amps from the battery. I been using it for the past year works good.

On my lifepo4 I had to use active balancers, I built 2 of them and both lifepo4 drift out of balance when fast charging, and even slow charging it will trip the BMS. So these BMS do work good in shutting down the charging on both overcharge and discharge. The active balancers will let you fast charge at high amps almost to 100 percent.
4s bms 30 amp
View attachment 1

active blancers 4s model (you can find at electriccarpartscompany, the 4s model cost about 90 dollars) they balance at up to 10 amps per cell, will keep up with most chargers. They keep my lifepo4 in perfect balance.

I use solar to charge my lifepo4, but on occasion I've charged it with an ISDT q6 14 amp balance charger, I charge all my lithiums li-ion/lifepo4 with that charger, its small and does a good job.

Wha lifpo4 cells we talking about.? ? Quality matters as what brand. Do you have a link for the cells you going to be using and what are your amp draw demands it's going to be used for. Is this a starter battery for a car and how big is the engine excetera excetera.

It is old stealth bomber cells. Originally they had 18 ah. However I have since found 4 dead cells that is why I want to convert it to to a typical 12v lithium battery. It is for a solar project no starting of vehicles.

Back