Xiaoxiang Android app password

rio9210

100 mW
Does anybody has an idea about the password of Xiaoxiang Android app ? It's not 1234, like someone stated in that post about bluetooth BMS. Tried every dumb-style passwords (like 1111,2222, 9999, 0000, etc) but no chance.
I have the english version, I'm clicking (in the menu) the option to change the password, but the old one isn't mentioned anywhere.
BTW, it's a number sequence, no letters.

Well, after making a mistake typing the potential new password (missed a digit), app warned me that it must be a 6 digit password. So... I've tried 123456. IT WORKED (banality always strikes with irony.) From 1234 to 123456 there's a long way to go...
After I changed password, even if someone around installs the app on his phone, trying to access the bluetooth module he is asked for the password. No password, non access - and no mess with BMS parameters. Already tried with another phone, no access without password. I'm done.

thundercamel said:
Thanks Rio, I will try that when I get home.

Well ? Was that one ? Why don't you find a job/go on holiday in a place closer to your house ? :lol:

lol, but 123456 didn't work for me in the app. I am building a second bike, and will see about setting the password on that smart BMS from the PC using a usb cable.

thundercamel said:
lol, but 123456 didn't work for me in the app. I am building a second bike, and will see about setting the password on that smart BMS from the PC using a usb cable.

You can't set the password from the PC, only from the app on smartphone. Try to:
- download the last version "smart bms mobile app-xiaoxiangprotection-2.1.1022.apk"
- cancel the cache of the app on your smartphone, and cancel all data the app put on it
- uninstall app
- reinstall latest app 2.1.1022
- try again the password "123456"

Glad you got the password.

On the subject of this BMS, any dedicated thread to its use?

I don’t believe my BMS, can balance although maybe as I’ve now lowered the pack voltage while on Static balance perhaps now. Sitting on balance static with the B flashing.

Add. I pre purchase never realised the Xiaxiang Smart BMS, only balances odd or even cells cannot balance both at the same time. Sort of semi smart BMS.

Also are several unknowns as the instructions are very scant.

Do the sellers of these bms provide the android app or is hosted somewhere online? I've tried Google search and Play store with no luck.

evo1087 said:
Do the sellers if these bms provide the androud app or is hosted somewhere online. Ive tried Google seatch and Play store with no luck.

https://www.greenbikekit.com/upload/smart-bms-pcm-connection-diagram-app-software-2018-version-greenbikekit.rar

Yes, thank you. Since mine came with a sticker saying email james@lithiumbatterypcb.com with any questions, I found a a website of lithiumbatterypcb.com which hosts the android and pc software, but they're older versions.

Hi Together

I’m the developer of the Xiaoxiang App for iOS and want to give you some Infos to the passcode problem of this BMS.

Please Note: I’m not in any form connected to the manufacturer of these BMS boards. I’ve developed the App just for fun and for my brother whom I build two 820Wh e-Bike batteries.

The problem is, that the SmartBMS (Xiaoxiang, jiabaida, JBD-SP15S0001, james@lithiumbatterypcb.com or however they are called) does not support PIN protection (at least the Boards I was rev-engineering)! They have just an simple interface to exchange data.

The protection layer (PIN) was supposed to be done on the Bluetooth dongle / module.

Now it comes: Before 2018/2017 the BMS was shipped with Bluetooth Dongles which could be programmed. It was possible to change the broadcast name (for example to: myBattery1 instead of Xiaoxiang BMS) and set the PIN!
But now – to save costs –factory pre-programmed Bluetooth Modules without EEPROM memory are delivered. So, no changes can be done like setting custom name or setting PIN on this Bluetooth dongle!

In my opinion, the only way to fully protect your BMS is to replace the Bluetooth Dongle with another one which can be configured (there are plenty on Aliexpress) like HC-06. But then again, if you get such one, you have to know how to use AT commands over Terminal (like AT+NAMEmyOwnBMS) and set other things like Service UUIDs (if you have the wrong one, the BMS will be not recognized by the Apps).
So not everyone can do this on his own.
Maybe if I get enough donations (Paypal: Lukas at Deszynski dot com) I will buy some hardware for testing and write a step-by-step guide how to do this + small software to automate the configuration.

For iOS Apps I will include in next release (v1.1.1) a semi-pin protection.
I will use for this purpose the BMS Name to store the PIN. When the name is like PIN:xxxxxx – then the iOS user will be asked to enter the PIN in order to manipulate the BMS.
NOTE: this will work only for iOS App. You will be still able to access the BMS from an Android device until you replace the Bluetooth dongle.

But If you have another Idea or know maybe undocumented command from the BMS to set the password – let me know.

Same problem here. Impossible to change password.
Can you explain basic instruction to replace the basic bt dongle?

I only found this now...
Default PW in Android App is "12345678". I use "JBD_xiaoxiangprotection-3.1.1026.apk"
Hope this helps?

Back