Yinlong LTO battery safety tests

So was that battery they cut up even charged? No evidence of a charged battery in the video.

e-beach said:
So was that battery they cut up even charged? No evidence of a charged battery in the video.

No idea... But it shoud be, otherwise it's useless to test it.

Hey i know this is necroposting, but thanks for this thread.

That safety is awesome if true

Damn. Can't wait until their energy density improves.

Damn. Can't wait until their energy density improves.
Could be waiting for a while...:rolleyes: However for safety, like a power wall in your house, or for a vehicle that can handle large heavy semi inert batteries with little worry of burning your garage down, I see no reason not to consider them.

Different cells, but these over here:
I would consider for the SB Cruiser's replacement pack...if it wouldn't be 120lbs and two cubic feet+ of volume for essentially 48v 60Ah (it's <40lbs and less than half that volume for 52v 40Ah with the NMC packs I have now, but they're getting old and aging faster and faster). Advanges are potted and sealed so can put anywhere on the trike, and can handle any kind of regen current I want to throw at it for braking force improvements (more than the motor could take, probably).

Also...$1200 (for four units, to make a pack for the trike and a spare (or one for another trike).

Spec sheet lists it at a 52.9whrs/kg cell. I think that's the heaviest/biggest LTO i've ever seen.

I think LTO tops out at 110whrs/kg at current? so imagine 1/2 the volume/weight i think.

Still too heavy, huh?

Yeah that's why i'm waiting :mrgreen:

Back