Unit Power Pack custom battery ordering questions

I will be ordering my first custom battery from Unit Power Pack (UPP) and am wondering if i'm missing anything. I'm looking to order a 72v 20s11p triangle pack (30Q), shrink wrapped with PVC with 50 amp BMS with balance charging, XT90 connector. I've gathered through reading this site that i should specify that I want 4 series connection at least between each parallel group? Am I missing anything else besides the dimensions of the battery (obviously)?

why would you need to specify such things for a "professional" battery builder?
if you ask for certain discharge/charge specs one would assume they would build the pack to handle those currents with plenty of room to spare...

just asking....

flippy said:
why would you need to specify such things for a "professional" battery builder?
if you ask for certain discharge/charge specs one would assume they would build the pack to handle those currents with plenty of room to spare...

just asking....

Sometimes people have helpful recommendations to ask for.... like asking for a spare BMS with your order. :roll:

dirt huffer said:
Sometimes people have helpful recommendations to ask for.... like asking for a spare BMS with your order. :roll:
if you burn out the bms i would not fit the same one again...

i woudl ask for external balance wires.

flippy said:
dirt huffer said:
if you burn out the bms i would not fit the same one again...

i woudl ask for external balance wires.

That's a good idea. Looking into it more i dont think im going to use a BMS. I think ill have them make two 10s6p batteries with a series connector, external balance wires, and charge them with a balance charger - like dual iCharger 1010B+

I like what this guy has to say about battery building without a BMS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pljSZcEwc8Q&app=desktop

Sorry but that is still dumb.

Dont confuse that no bms is better then having a shit bms. Just get 1 good one. Check che blutooth bms thread for some pointers. One bms even has the option for a lcd, speed indicator and remaining range and can be bought without mosfets so you can solder in your own good ones.

11p of 30q you can learn how to self manage and be your own bms with a C.A. and sense wires. Just bulk charge and check with the sense wires.and a una6plus+ thru the sense wire balance charger if unbalanced after end of charge. Quality cells stay balance if used properly.

Customer sent UPP battery to German repair facility in early October. No response, no update, and UPP takes no responsibility nor bothers to update customer.

tomjasz said:
Customer sent UPP battery to German repair facility in early October. No response, no update, and UPP takes no responsibility nor bothers to update customer.

It would be nice to hear from Dirt Huffer about the specific problems the pack had that required it be sent all teh way to Germany for repair, so soon after purchase (less than a month, presuming shipping only took a week or two after the last posts before yours).

Back