Accelerated move to Li-ion, for two transport platforms, looking for brand suggestions

BAGGAB

1 mW
Ok, this post deals with Li-ion batteries. The problem is theft. Here in "oh, so groovy," College Town, Eugene, OR, bike theft is a huge problem. I'm sure it's a problem in your area also.

It's part of the reason why I've been slow to implement Li-ion. I have realized that I can replace the Li-ion on the Scooter and none will be the wiser. I am now looking for battery brand suggestions (hopefully the one's you use.)

I have two transport platforms: Razor Metro EcoSmart scoooter (I have two) and Biria "Easy Boarder" pedal bicycle. The Biria has some technical challenges due to the unique frame shape. I have a front end bike rack that I can implement, for this MOD. I'll have some pictures up shortly.

NOTE: I haven't been in forums for a long time and I don't want to "blow it" here, so if there is a better thread or I'm "over the high side" please let me know ;)

Hi Baggab, welcome to ES.
It would be helpful to know what voltage, capacity and discharge amps you are needing.
Battery "brands" are not so simple, as a brand "battery" pack , can be made up af cells from any one of many suppliers.
Cell brand is the critical basic factor and that choice is very dependent on what type of performance you are expection..IE, high power, or, high capacity, or, long life , etc
But typically good cell brands are Sony, Samsung, LG, Panasonic, Sanyo, etc etc.
Quality suppliers of Full "packs" are not so easy to identify as most are China based.
To help with your theft problem and the issues of multiple vehicles and frame fitting,..have you considered a "back pack" battery option, that could power any of your choice vehicles , and be carried with you when you leave the bike/scooter ?

Back