Lead isn't dead !!

Not to be too technical but isn't Firefly is using carbon instead of lead? The manufacturing process is so close to that for SLA that i guess this is a minor point.

While not as light or high a density as Lithium, we're talking about double the amp hours and half the weight of SLA which is pretty fantastic! Lithium cells may be smaller and lighter than SLA but after you factor in the overhead of a case, wiring all the cells and BMS, you get a battery pack that is bigger (volume wise) than a firefly battery. I believe you should be able to get a sleeker looking ebike with these firefly batterys. Heck, I might start riding my goped again!

Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh said:
I've been eagerly awaiting these for close to 2 years now.
If anyone knows where they can be had in single quantity I'll defiantly give them my money & give 'em a go.

Yeah, EV car guys at EV digest have been talking about this and seems Firefly has no interest in selling to individuals. Even in their FAQ it says:

"We have no plans however to offer individual batteries to the general public for at least the next two years."

Seems the general feeling on the EV digest is that there's a ton of marketing coming out of Firefly but no product.

i satisfied with sla. at legal <20mph, 2-3x a week, they are fine.
and when the cops arrest u, u are not out a lot of money.

bikes under "house arrest"
ride it= jail

jackatfsi said:

I have to agree, SLA has it's place, just like the others. Just recently I bought a 12 volt 33AH AGM battery from the local batteriesplus store that only weights 25 lbs. I use it to power the lawn mower now instead of my two smaller 12 volt @ 12AH bricks from before. It of course being a beefier battery can power the mower longer and with more juice for those really wet or high weeds to chomp :D

Liberator said:
I've been eagerly awaiting these for close to 2 years now.
If anyone knows where they can be had in single quantity I'll defiantly give them my money & give 'em a go.

Yeah, EV car guys at EV digest have been talking about this and seems Firefly has no interest in selling to individuals. Even in their FAQ it says:

"We have no plans however to offer individual batteries to the general public for at least the next two years."

Seems the general feeling on the EV digest is that there's a ton of marketing coming out of Firefly but no product.

Too bad for them. In two years the lithium goalposts will have shifted (hopefully!) and they will be back to square one.

It's frustrating that I work right next to the Emoli factory, yet I have to resort to buying Milwaukee drill packs off Ebay to get Emoli cells :evil:

Lowell do up a bristol board placard that says just that, put it in your car and park it where the factory can see it, driving ion or out.

Lowell said:
It's frustrating that I work right next to the Emoli factory, yet I have to resort to buying Milwaukee drill packs off Ebay to get Emoli cells :evil:

Daily I drive past the refineries that produce the country's guzzle-lean.
I can't help but notice that today's local gas price is 1.16/litre but 1.05/litre in Toronto.

Difficult to get my heart to bleed red for you. :x

Lowell said:

Daily I drive past the refineries that produce the country's guzzle-lean.
I can't help but notice that today's local gas price is 1.16/litre but 1.05/litre in Toronto.

Difficult to get my heart to bleed red for you. :x

94 octane is $1.41/liter here, and regular 87 is mid-high 1.20's.

But if you think that's expensive, I sell VP 117 octane racing fuel for nearly $5/liter to customers :shock:

Thanx Lowell, for not taking offence to what I said.
Upon re-read it's over the top for the point I was trying to make & my frustration with the pricing situation was never intended to be directed your way. My frustration comes from this articficial price structure where others derive more benefit than the locals & it's been this way forever with gas. Now it sounds like the same thing is going on with the batteries which is why I'm skeptical that even with wonderful new (battery) technology that we'll be any further ahead. It's like Paul Simon's 'Diamonds on the soles of their shoes.' That's a better metaphor that I should have referenced in the first place.

Back