120Vac plug in battery / seat warmer for outdoor use

markz

100 TW
This winter I need a 120Vac plug in battery and seat warmer for outdoor use.
I read 25-50W is plenty!

Already have the wire from Fastech, also have some pads from SparkFun.
Need the temperature to be based on temp probe.

Enclosed BATTERY with wood.
1/8" wood up against the battery itself
Heating element
Thick fabric
Tin Foil all around
Duct tape
1/4" wood on the outside
Then duct taped thefuck out of it!

I figure I need an ac to dc converter that is weather proof.
12V output would do so there lots of options to choose from.

"Waterproof" LED PSU's

2x $16 for 12V 30W 2.5A

[strike]$27 for 12V 50W 4.2A[/strike]

Temperature Controlled Switch
Makes Sense
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UDmbRgrIGo
I should buy from that cat!
Too bad its kinda not durable.

Should get item quicker from Canadian seller, $5 premium, gotta be paid though, I will buy.
Digital - https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Xell-50-110-C-W1209-Digital-thermostat-Temperature-Control-Switch-12V-sensor/122484392757?hash=item1c84a38335:g:xV4AAOSww9xZD1oA:rk:17:pf:0
Will make my own case!

PS
More to come, waiting on arrival of products!

Personally I'd just go with a reptile habitat warmer pad.

If temperature control is absolutely needed, then for ease of use I'd get one of those AC-powered thermostats from a hardware store, and put it's temperature sensor wherever I wanted that monitored, then wire it to control the warmer's AC power source.

Or, I'd get one of those personal heating pads that has actual temperature control built-in, and remove the heating wires and thermal sensors from the thick padding they come in, probably leaving them attached to the backing they're usually sewn into if possible, then installing the setup into wherever it would best warm the pack. Then put the control outside where I could turn it on and off as needed (because all the ones I've seen like this require manual engagement and setting each time they're connected to AC power, rather than being able to just leave them on a specific setting and forget about them).

Back