52v 13.5ah Shark Pack not charging

shawnkg500

1 µW
I have a 52v 13.5ah Shark Pack not charging (Panasonic GA cells). I do have power to the bike like normal but when I hook up the charger the red light never comes on only the green one. I have changed the fuse and bought a new charger and am still having the same problem. I did have a big spark when plugging in the charger the last time it did work so I'm thinking it's the battery management circuit. I use my bike for getting to and from work so is their a way to bypass this circuit until I can get it fixed or by a new one? And is it difficult to replace the circuit? Thanks in advance

broken welding tab would probably not allow it power system

barrel connector charge port is a weak point on these packs

op needs dvm (volt meter) to see voltages what where when

if can make the wiring connection can often charge through the discharge side of pack bms.

but dvm is needed to determine correct polarities and voltage information

Yes, measure the voltage on the charge port. If it blew off somewhere, you would see zero. Normally it should be equal to the discharge port voltage.

You can charge through the discharge port, but this bypasses the over charge protection circuitry so could result in nasty pack fire if there was some other problem.

You probably need to take it apart and inspect around the charge port and the BMS. It may be obvious.

Thank you I was wandering it I could charge it though the bicycle leads. I’d like to get some kind of charge on it until I can fix it. I know it not good for the battery to leave it real low. I’ll check those connections before I look at replacing the BPM. Thanks again

Back