Combine two batteries in parallel electric scooter

alex5454

1 µW
Hi, I just joined the forum and would like to ask you a question.

I wanted to put into practice a video seen on youtube but I would like your opinion if it is a possible thing or there are some contraindications.

I have an electric scooter with this battery:

- Li-Ion (30 cells) type LG 18650

- Rated voltage (VDC) = 36

- Maximum input voltage (VDC) = 42

- Nominal capacity (Watt hour) = 280

- Battery capacity 7.8 AH

the battery to be put in parallel would always be a 18650 (40 cells) with the voltage always 36 V maximum 42 V only which is 12.8 AH of capacity therefore greater

by making a bridge with negative positive (a "Y" connection), the only precaution they make is before connecting them that both the battery packs have the voltage equal to 42V ...

that's enough? an operation of this type what could then result when the battery is seen as a single battery? and when I go to discharge them as they discharge ..

I would like your opinions .. by logic I would have a single 7.8AH + 12.8AH battery works like this?

this is the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwoLKFaMraI

(in the video they show the extra battery can be from 12.8ah or 10ah I'm interested in the concept anyway.)

Thank you very much for any answers.

If you combine 2 batterys of the same voltage in parallel the total voltage will remain the same but its total power or watts per hours will Increase depending on the combined Amps of the 2 batterys. Ex you can combine 2 3 or how ever many 36v batteries in parallel and the output will always be 36v but the Amps changes.

In terms of what it does to ebikes Motors generally higher Amps usually results In a higher torque from motor (to an extent) and More Voltage usually increases top end speed.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Back