US Malectrics Spot Welder Owners! Questions!

Hello, I know many people here seem to like malectrics's spot welder. I'll likely buy it, but I'm cautious of the import/customs process. Are there any United States owners on here who can share their buying experience? Did you have to deal with customs?

Also, if you are a in the market to sell your used malectrics spot welder, message me if you are in the USA.

No problem with customs, just like ordering from china. I got mine shipped to california and got it in about a week. I got the original version 2 which is primitive compared to latest model but it works extremely well and I wouldn't be with out it. I recommend it to everyone who needs a small reliable spot welder.

My only recommendation is make your on probe cables with 6 gauge pure copper welding cables. Any less gauge and you will probably have to increase the power level which leads to the cables getting too hot to hold after a couple of welds.

Dude thanks for the reply! I was getting discouraged that I could not get this answer. I actually have 6 gauge cable from a DIY welder I made but had poor results. Relay was sticking, really scary. I'll order tonight. I hope you get comission :p :bigthumb:

@thetailwind:
I purchased mine just before the holiday's and it took ~1week to get to me. Let me tell you, this thing is awesome!!! I will never go back to soldering cells again. I purchased the lead acid and lipo versions connectors, but currently use it with a Optima Blue Top (D34) 12v battery and it works great. I don't even use the foot pedal because he built in the automatic delay to spot weld, so you just touch the connectors and it makes the spot weld.

23.4 Ah battery (7s10p) built for my daughters scooter. :)

I'm in New jersey and he shipped the same day i ordered. came 5-6 business days from germany. i consider that fast. works great!

choncy12 said:
@thetailwind:
I purchased mine just before the holiday's and it took ~1week to get to me. Let me tell you, this thing is awesome!!! I will never go back to soldering cells again. I purchased the lead acid and lipo versions connectors, but currently use it with a Optima Blue Top (D34) 12v battery and it works great. I don't even use the foot pedal because he built in the automatic delay to spot weld, so you just touch the connectors and it makes the spot weld.

23.4 Ah battery (7s10p) built for my daughters scooter. :)
I have a 3s 6ah 60c lipo with the malectrics spot welder. It won't stick .3mm nickel strips to my batteries and I can peel off the nickel with my hands even using 70ms pulse times. Any tips?

what size type probe cables are you using? thick pure copper cables make a big difference. Also if you already have thick copper cables, try with a 12 volt lead acid battery. When I tried using a lithium battery, it was underpowered for me, I had same problem you have. I tried a 3s li-ion and a 4s lifepo4 and both were giving weak welds.

If that doesnt work, try using the 1.5mm nickle and do 2 layers. I done that before.

picture of my 6 gauge pure copper welding cables I'm using, I'm using copper nails as probe tips.
malectrics probes.jpg

Back