UK plug charger for Luna Cycle Mighty Mini

Lovelock

10 W
Hey,

I'm close to buying the Mighty Mini but they don't stock a charger for the UK (220v 52v with a UK plug).

I have no idea where to look for such a charger and what I should be looking out for price wise etc and also the right connections.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction? No one in the UK makes this battery, and Jimmy at Insat / BGA isn't replying.

Probably easiest to just get the 220/240V one and put your own plug on it. Or use an adapter.

The UK is one of few places that use the Type G plug, I think Singapore and Malaysia being the only others, so it's probably not a big enough market to justify having another part made.

Don't they use the IEC connector on the charger itself, with a separate cord? If so, you can simply use the cord off of anything else that has that same plug (must be a lot of stuff out there).

Something like this ? https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_17?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=voltage+converter+uk+to+usa&sprefix=voltage+converter%2Caps%2C211&crid=32W475HNEBYBM

amberwolf said:
Don't they use the IEC connector on the charger itself, with a separate cord? If so, you can simply use the cord off of anything else that has that same plug (must be a lot of stuff out there).

Yeah it appears that way from the pictures on the Luna site. Just go to your local computer shop or electrical supply and they should have a cord. Cheap.

Back