lipos 3s

bige

100 µW
so I am super new to this but have been doing reading and I am looking at running 4 x 3s lipos in series for a 38/48v 1000/1500w china hub motor using RC Turnigy 5000mAh 3S 20C Lipo Pack w/XT-60 this is the cheapest opition as I live in the middle of no wher dose aney one see aney big problems with this idear lol and if it works I will add a nother 4 lipos in parallel it will be is a stealth bomber like fram with parts taken of a gaint glory o

dose aney one see aney big problems with this idear lol
Could you me a bit more precise? Problems regarding what? The quality of the batteries, the connection, the current draw, the charging ...?
PS: Maybe you should consider PUNCTUATION when typing - makes reading a lot easier for us.

yeh sorry about the punctuation and spelling I droped out of school young. just asking if aney one has done this I see a few people running lipos but not much info on then if no one see any problems with what I am planning I will do a full build in the other section of the form. aney problem at all no matter big or small or if some one see a better way of doing something I am open to all idears

Those are still very open questions. Not very specific. Sure there are issues with lipos.

.) They are known to turn into fire works easier than any other widely used chemistry.
.) They are mostly soft pouches, so very easy to damage -> fire
.) If you don't take care for over/undercharge -> fire

Other than that they are

.) Good value for the money
.) Good to handle large current

I changed my li-po setup to li-ion. Just because it's more convenient to use and a bit safer probably.

If you post a picture of your setup we can take a look. A picture and how the wiring and stuff is done is a good indicator regarding possible future issues ;)

If you've never handled li-po before (like in rc-cars, planes ... etc) i'd read some more about safe handling first.

yeh I know about lipo have done over say 100h reading utube and all the the rest. just havent seen anybody us 3s and other then the size and the hassel of charging then and for the price I don't see y not to use them like $30 FOR A 3S AND $119 for a 6S. even with all the other stuff need for the extra batters it still works out a lot cheaper and I live in aus so inporting aney thing adds up fast. i am a welder by trade so was looking at 18650 cells but cart find aney at a good price or a trusted source and 70cent on the us doller kills most sellers. i haven't got aney batteries yet cos i am still researching on the best plan that y my questions are so open.

xt60 wont series connect very easily

4mm bullets do series easily

may save money depending on how you series connect

4s hardcase has been a good choice for many

1s, 2s, 3s, 6s ... Doesn't make any difference. It's all the same cells , only connected together.
It DOES make sense to use packs with the highest cell count, maybe even matching your exact needs as this makes a neater pack and less wiring, giving less ways to connect anything wrong.

its the price that is the selling point i know it will be a mess of wires and one wrong move and i got a fire ball. but i am building the frame so that should help keep things a bit neater then just strapping stuff to a bike. dose any one have a link of this been done or have done it or will i be the first ??? is the brand i have chosen aney good. am i better off with a better brand. i would make my own lipo battery with a better motor but i don't have the time this is just a test befor i go balls to the wall just to see if like it

Simply plug 3 of these together to connect 4 batteries in series.
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/xt60-harness-for-2-packs-in-series-1pc.html
https://cdn-global-
10264u.jpg

Actually, there might be a difference, 3s vs 4s. I have run a few of 2s packs, making a 14s pack with two 6s and one 2s. Twice in a row, the 2s packs hold less real world capacity than the cells in the 6s packs. They really seem to me, to put a bit better testing cells into the popular 6s packs.

I'd go with two 6s packs, regardless of the savings. Simpler to assemble, and yes ASAP, get another set and make a 10 ah pack. Why? mostly because 5s won't take you any farther than you could easily just pedal it. ( unless you are some way handicapped)

And because the lower the rate you run them, the longer they last. So one year with no range from 5 ah, or three years with decent range with 10 ah. Only if you would never go farther than 3-4 miles per charge, would you stick with less than 10 ah.

Series connecting packs is easier, if you change the plug to 4mm bullets.

ok so starting to look at the sizes of things and real world sizers and range. other then 6s my haveing better cells (I am 50% your math was wrong) it looks like I will be using 16 Turnigy 5000mAh 3S 20C Lipo Pack w/XT-60 to get 44.4v and ah40 for around $464 it would be harder to fit 8 Turnigy 5000mAh 6S 25C Lipo Pack w/XT90 at a price $764 at 44.4v 20ah

its late and I just got off work so feel free to shoot me down hard and sorry for the spelling and that

Back