First battery build

leffex

1 kW
First time doing this. First battery build

I need alot of power and battery and this first is a 4s16p block of about 550wh

mLDbHIr.jpg

How I did it: I used the original stripes and boosted them with copper wick. One for the parallel and about four wicks in every series connection.

I’d like some input how durable ”soldering a pack” is and what could be made better

3 pics at https://imgur.com/a/a8VR7vC

Nice try..

Quite similar as my newly develop 416 Open Frame Power Pack kit. http://bit.ly/416OFPPK

Soldering is fine if is for small area. When you have large area, the consistency will be affected.
Another disadvantage of soldering is it fixed. Cannot change.
Of course, the benefit is you have a large conductive bar across...

danlim said:
Nice try..

Quite similar as my newly develop 416 Open Frame Power Pack kit. http://bit.ly/416OFPPK

Soldering is fine if is for small area. When you have large area, the consistency will be affected.
Another disadvantage of soldering is it fixed. Cannot change.
Of course, the benefit is you have a large conductive bar across...

Yes I know about that system. I had that in consideration.

oVVioN8.jpg

I had an idea a day four years ago. Straws. Do you see them in the above picture? Why are they there? Pretty easy principle. I think it cools the battery a little bit as well as not giving the battery any weight penalty of an active cooling system, as many have tried, it works. First tested on 20s1p 5000mah 20c turnigy bricks that got little too hot :D

I think I'll try the Tesla solder system with wire fuses. (example: max amp draw = 100a, then 100/20 cells in parallel makes 5a draw per cell, choose wire that burns out at 6a when a cell dies to protect system failure.

I think it saves time, solder and wick or wire and is more safe I think. That's why I asked if my build was good. For these pink battery cells I'll make a 4s15p at 33ah just soldering it all together. First green pack was 4s16p 32ah. Third pack will be Samsung 26h or 26f 2600mah or US18650V3/2150mah trying to try on the Tesla solder system method.

When building bigger pack... many consideration is needed, not just adding battery.
There's three most important areas that need to be applied. Safety, Environment protection and Ventilation.
A lot of battery pack builder did not consider ventilation as 1st priority.. as such, many battery pack fails because of increase in temperature within the seal pack.

So I have these bricks of 2, 3 and 4s about 32ah each togheter into a big 17s15p.

I want to connect this newly build 17s 32ah battery to another battery of 17s and 26ah that has a bms with max 35a current capability.

I wonder what will happened with the load distribution since one battery is about 20% larger than the other and also I like to use it safely at about 70a and wonder how it works and what max a I can have from my total big 58ah battery?

Thanks

also a thought of upgrading both 17s to 21s but that is another question meaning it will be one 21s of 32ah and one 17s with bms limited to 35 plus an equal sized 4s brick.

Back