Any hope for this 36V Lion frame mount battery

bikezen

1 mW
Hi all,

I have a relatively new battery pack, a frame mount Li-ion 36V, 10AH, marked as Model S-002. It's giving 0 volts from the output Anderson power poles.
Taking it apart, it appears the pack has 37V on the battery pack where it enters the BMS card and 0 volts where it exits.
Given this seems to be a perfectly healthy battery pack, what can I do to revive it? Let's assume the manufacturer is no help and there's no warranty service on this. My picture is maybe the BMS is replaceable with an identical unit, or I would have to get a second party BMS that can service this size pack and rewire to suit.
https://www.evernote.com/l/AA66hecZEKJOjoexmS87wzcYM_CmlopsSq4/

Can we assume you've already tried charging it, leaving it on the charger until the charger shuts off completely? (can take hours, days or even weeks on a badly imbalanced battery)

If so:

You'd have to test the cells themselves for their individual voltages, starting from the most negative to the most positive. List those voltages here in this thread, and someone can try to help you figure out which cell(s) are causing the BMS to shutdown to protect you from a fire or other battery failure.

After that, there are a number of other tests you can do; I'd start by checking out the many other battery troubleshooting and repair threads for various methods and tips and tricks.

Back