AERDU 36v battery pack from Ali Express

nukezero

10 kW
What does everyone think about buying this AERDU battery pack on Aliexpress?

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/AERDU-36V-10S4P-14Ah-For-NCR18650GA-with-25A-Balance-BMS-42V-lithium-battery-pack-ebike-electric/3173029_32952849547.html?spm=2114.12010615.8148356.8.2f0e1b23ZpG1RX

It uses Sanyo GA cells. I think I read a review on another forum that the seller "Sunway store" is reputable and does sell legitimate bare cells. But I just want to be sure.

I am looking for a 36v 10s4p in that tight configuration to fit in my wife's townie.

not possible for that price.

if i buy those cells in bulk directly from the importer in europe then i have to pay 3 euro and change, that amounts to 140 euro just in cells.
if they are genuine then i expect discards or otherwise a QC fail product. certainly not genuine stuff that came out the front of the factory...
if they can supply GA cells for 2~2.5 euro per cell then i want to know who their supplier is and how they make any money.

I assume you guys are aware of ES member. "Tumich" in Europe, who sells new 18650's ,including GA's,..at good prices and with a solid reputation .
He also has quality pre-made packs ..10s,4p...but without BMS, at good prices ($123.0 )
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=61608
Or this one ..
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&p=1454470#p1454470
But i have no personal experience with that vendor

considering he has cells with spot weld marks they are lifted out of (used) battery packs.
i have no doubt they are genuine but i do wonder how long have they been on the shelf and why the batteries that originally held the cells are discarded.

buying brand new from a place like nkon ensures you have the real deal without any earmarks.

"Tumich" also lists new, fresh, boxed, cells
Many ES members have bought used and new from him with no issues that i am aware of.
But , really its just a matter of being confident with which ever supplier you use.
You cannot do that with random Alibaba vendors !

I ordered AERDU 36v, 12A battery pack, and the charger from Ali Express. It took a few months to arrive in Canada and boy..big surprise.. The battery lasts only around 15 to 20 minutes full charge on a ebike with 500W motor.. Definitely contains dead cells since the output is also nowhere close to 12A. The charger came out of the box defective. No light and the output is around 12v..In conclusion, STAY AWAY from this seller. It is a huge hassle to ask for a refund since the money protection is only for 90 days and if you are lucky to receive it before the 90 days and you want to send it back, they never issue a return ticket. I have been waiting on it for a week now. Of course in my case, it took 4 months for it to arrive.

Unfortunately it's the same for me.
The battery was sold as an LG-MH1 cell, meanwhile the description has been changed so that the trader can talk himself out of it, it would only be cells with the capacity of LG-MH1. But the capacity is much lower.

Instead of the promised 12.8 AH, the battery has just 9.5 AH and that with only 2A load. The seller is preparing a new test with a final battery voltage of 25V! Although the description says that the BMS turns off at 28V. But the BMS does not lock at all but would allow a discharge to the point of cell death.

Even if you can prove that the cells are not branded cells and have a much too low capacity, the seller will not refund a cent.

These are cheap china cells with a very poor internal resistance, the voltage break down for 2V with a very low load.
The BMS also has no short-circuit protection, full voltage and full current are also applied to the charging cable.

Conclusion: bad cells and a high price and a seller who waste your time and laughs at you. I can only strongly advise you not to buy anything there!

called it. :roll:

Back