XT90 connectors stuck

montana2436

100 µW
Hello,
I was trying to troubleshoot loose contacts and pressed XT90 connectors too hard apparently. Now I cannot pull them apart. I tried to put hands on the wires directly and pull - still same.

I cannot remove the battery from my bike now. I would hate to damage the connectors as well since the battery is expensive.

What can I try? Could somebody please help?

I'm not sure how you did that lol. So you are probably going to want to cut the wires on both sides of the connectors. Then replace the connectors.

:warn: Make sure after cutting each wire you put tape on it or cover the wire so you don't take the chance to cause a short :warn:

You could also just cut one side off(preferably the batteries connector so you dont short the battery) and take a pair of pliers and try to pull the connector out while supporting the still wired connector so your not applying the force on the wires leading to your bike.

There are a ton of cheap counterfeit xt connectors, look for Turnigy (from Hobby King) or Aomy connectors. I think that the real ones are great, cheap ones melt easily and get stuck.

VERY important to do only one wire at a time.

If you can, hack away at the plastic and get to the solder. If you have length to spare then just clip them.

my guess you have fake connectors and the barrels have melted due to overloading them.

cut them and fit original ones. if the space is there fit 1 size bigger.

I prefer Turnigy bullet connectors. Easier to install and easier to connect/dis-connect.

Said twice, but never can say it too much. cut only one wire at a time. I'd say go to the hobby bullets, the big ones if you are melting plugs.

Thanks. When installing new connectors, would wrapping wires around each other be sufficient or welding them would be better?

dogman dan said:
I'd say go to the hobby bullets, the big ones if you are melting plugs.
Not sure what you meant by that. Is "hobby bullets" a manufacturer?

"hobby bullets" are referring to bullet style connectors from the website hobbyking.com They come in various sizes.

pwd said:
"hobby bullets" are referring to bullet style connectors from the website hobbyking.com They come in various sizes.

xt150 connectors from hobbyking.com ive heard they are good and im going to order some soon. they are basically bullet style connectors with a case over them.

Back