Topics related to EV businesses
Chalo   100 GW

100 GW

Rivian's hot lunch

Post by Chalo » May 09 2022 3:36pm

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/09/rivian- ... rt-up.html

Down 78% so far this year!

What's the emoji for Schadenfreude?
This is to express my gratitude to Justin of Grin Technologies for his extraordinary measures to save this forum for the benefit of all.

CONSIDERABLE SHOUTING   1 kW

1 kW

Re: Rivian's hot lunch

Post by CONSIDERABLE SHOUTING » May 11 2022 10:37am

Chalo wrote:
May 09 2022 3:36pm
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/09/rivian- ... rt-up.html

Down 78% so far this year!

What's the emoji for Schadenfreude?
Uh, Rivian Stocks are on sale!

All jokes aside, Canoo is doing poorly too and I don't like that.

spinningmagnets   100 GW

100 GW

Post by spinningmagnets » May 11 2022 10:49am

Ive seen random pics on the web, showing that at least "some" Rivians have actually been produced.

That is a major step towards dispelling rumors that its vaporware. However, even if the company is putting out PR releases to show production, there can be a lot of "fudging the numbers".

I hope they survive and succeed. I believe competition truly is good for the breed. I haven't heard why investors are avoiding Rivian right now. Maybe a weak quarterly report?

CONSIDERABLE SHOUTING   1 kW

1 kW

Post by CONSIDERABLE SHOUTING » May 11 2022 12:58pm

No, Rivian's actively making Trucks and tons of people have them- I think Rich Rebuild's buddy Stevon owns one.

I think it has to deal with Ford now having rolling prototypes of the EV F150 out. They sold their portion and likely shared a lot of technology and software, but are now going to be competitors so this would be the first shot.

SlowCo   10 MW

10 MW

Post by SlowCo » May 11 2022 1:18pm

Might also have something to do with the upcoming new Ford F150 Lightning and the price difference:

liveforphysics   100 GW

100 GW

Post by liveforphysics » May 11 2022 2:19pm

I see a Rivian pickup at least once a day in SoCal. I do see at least a hundred Teslas for each Rivian, but they must have delivered quite a lot of them to see as many as I do.
Each carcinogen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for cancer.

Each mutagen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for reproductive genetic defects in your children.

Each engine start sprays them into a shared atmosphere which includes beings not offered an opportunity to consent accepting these cancer experiences and defective genetics life experiences.

Every post is a free gift to the collective of minds composing the living bleeding edge of LEV development on our spaceship.

4πr^2   1 W

1 W

Post by 4πr^2 » May 11 2022 2:39pm

Several for sale right now... if you have the money.

https://www.cars.com/shopping/results/?makes[]=rivian

Most reviews I've seen seem to suggest it's a nice, well-thought-out truck with a ton of features and capability... if a bit pricey. But costs can always drop with future models. Most assessments of the company seem to say it is in good shape financially / leadership / product-wise, so would generally agree - seems like a great fire sale on stock...jump on it while you can. (* not to be construed as financial advice, no monetary gain/association on my end) The main issue I see is the electric truck market becoming more crowded...hummer, cybertruck, F150, etc. Will be interesting to see if Rivian can continue in an ever more crowded market.

Hillhater   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Hillhater » May 11 2022 8:29pm

spinningmagnets wrote:
May 11 2022 10:49am
I haven't heard why investors are avoiding Rivian right now. Maybe a weak quarterly report?
Ford selling off their major shareholding in Rivian , probably did not help !
4πr^2 wrote:
May 11 2022 2:39pm
Several for sale right now... if you have the money.

https://www.cars.com/shopping/results/?makes[]=rivian

Most reviews I've seen seem to suggest it's a nice, well-thought-out truck with a ton of features and capability... if a bit pricey. But costs can always drop with future models. Most assessments of the company seem to say it is in good shape financially / leadership / product-wise, so would generally agree - seems like a great fire sale on stock...jump on it while you can. (* not to be construed as financial advice, no monetary gain/association on my end) The main issue I see is the electric truck market becoming more crowded...hummer, cybertruck, F150, etc. Will be interesting to see if Rivian can continue in an ever more crowded market.

Well that will be some news to all those pre-order customers who are still waiting for their trucks...very few public deliveries so far,..mostly commercial, press, and employees to date !
( that one advertised is probably an employee delivered truck..with a 100% mark up on its original cost !)
Price drop in the future ??.... Rivian have just INCREASED their prices by 15-20% ..even initially to those long term pre-order holders,..but they quickly relented on that brain fart !.
However, they still suffer from being a very expensive truck ..($100+k), which is fine if you have no competition,...but they are about to loose that advantage with the Hummer electric, and Ford Lightening, entering showrooms now and Tesla following on ..all with trucks priced much cheaper than Rivian.
Rivians production delays, and commitments to Amazon for Vans means they are in a sticky supply situation just as their competitors ramp up.
Within a few months , there will be EV trucks not only from Ford , GM, RAM, VW, in the US, but also from BYD, Geely, and other big overseas manufacturers.

https://youtu.be/xtuTJ5gyWNo
This forum owes its existence to Justin of ebikes.ca

liveforphysics   100 GW

100 GW

Post by liveforphysics » May 11 2022 9:11pm

When I go to the Rivian site and do the vehicle build, it generally comes out around $86k. If people really get deliveries for that price, I don't think its fair to call it a $100+k vehicle just because people with early deliveries are choosing to resale in attempts to make 150-200% easy profit to a buyer with cash than time/patience.
Each carcinogen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for cancer.

Each mutagen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for reproductive genetic defects in your children.

Each engine start sprays them into a shared atmosphere which includes beings not offered an opportunity to consent accepting these cancer experiences and defective genetics life experiences.

Every post is a free gift to the collective of minds composing the living bleeding edge of LEV development on our spaceship.

DogDipstick   100 kW

100 kW

Post by DogDipstick » May 12 2022 7:24am

@ $104.
Go buy it.
https://carsandbids.com/auctions/rNBMNV ... ch-edition

These things sure sell. Lol.
Attachments
Rivian.PNG
Rivian.PNG (449.08 KiB) Viewed 96 times
84v of Ironhorse XC.. :) :bolt: by Chevy :bolt: :D You call .. that.. a "glitch:" ? :twisted: (...No Mom. The formula is Kaw > 1(Hr) = Impounded. The math checks out. I'll be fine. ).. :? Broke20Horsies! 17,830w !! :x 1 (pound / second) Hp = 338.24 M^2 Kg^2 / Sec^4 ( :twisted: 1200v? :twisted: ) :| isn't 13" x 27".. Oh nvrmnd :roll: 4+25% = 5 ; 5-20% = 4... 5(1-20%) = 4.. so, to correct the incorrect reading, of 4 ... 4(1+25%) = 5 :confused: Fabricator @BSECo.