Rivian's hot lunch

Topics related to EV businesses
CONSIDERABLE SHOUTING   10 kW

10 kW

Re: Rivian's hot lunch

Post by CONSIDERABLE SHOUTING » Jun 29 2022 8:18am

Don't know what Tesla's problems have to do with Rivian, let alone hearing "ponzi scheme" being uttered again. Kind of had to do a double-take, it's been since the Model 3 release that I've heard that.

Rivian is showing signs of pushing into eBikes:
https://electrek.co/2022/06/28/rivian-e ... ore-243439
Wonder how it'll cost compared to their what, $6,000 kitchen?

Chalo   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Chalo » Jun 29 2022 12:21pm

CONSIDERABLE SHOUTING wrote:
Jun 29 2022 8:18am
Don't know what Tesla's problems have to do with Rivian, let alone hearing "ponzi scheme" being uttered again. Kind of had to do a double-take, it's been since the Model 3 release that I've heard that.
It's because neither of them makes enough profit to support their current and future operations, and instead they both depend on the willingness and ability of investors to keep buying in at ever higher prices. Those days are rapidly coming to an end.
Screenshot_20220629-122326.png
Screenshot_20220629-122326.png (126.94 KiB) Viewed 418 times
Tesla is at least posting "profits", but if you compare them to its total market capitalization, or you look at a few quarters of net change in cash reserves, it's not doing the thing.

Price to earnings ratio is over 91 today, and that's after a brutal fall from its peak. By and by, that number will regress to the mean (if the company doesn't crash and burn first).
This is to express my gratitude to Justin of Grin Technologies for his extraordinary measures to save this forum for the benefit of all.

10 kW

Post by CONSIDERABLE SHOUTING » Jun 29 2022 2:37pm

I mean, they're trying to start 3 plants while interest rates are going back up, AND their bet on bitcoin also lost out. They got that nice double-whammy of "funny money is over, go get a real job".

liveforphysics   100 GW

100 GW

Post by liveforphysics » Jun 29 2022 8:28pm

Profits for all EV makers got hit badly by the Nickel price spike and Lithium price spike.

Lucky they have a strong LFP option they use in standard range model 3s.
Each carcinogen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for cancer.

Each mutagen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for reproductive genetic defects in your children.

Each engine start sprays them into a shared atmosphere which includes beings not offered an opportunity to consent accepting these cancer experiences and defective genetics life experiences.

Every post is a free gift to the collective of minds composing the living bleeding edge of LEV development on our spaceship.

e-beach   1 GW

1 GW
Location: Any Los Angeles area beach I am at. Or Santa Monica or possibly the south bay beaches.

Post by e-beach » Jun 29 2022 8:42pm

CONSIDERABLE SHOUTING wrote:
Jun 29 2022 2:37pm
I mean, they're trying to start 3 plants while interest rates are going back up, AND their bet on bitcoin also lost out. They got that nice double-whammy of "funny money is over, go get a real job".
A little thicker than that. Other ev auto makers are catching up while Putin told his billionaire buddies to sell their bitcoin and purchase Rubles. The Russians selling their bitcoin is about over, but other car manufactures catching up has just began.
Not to mention, that there is stupid, then their is Texas stupid. So good luck to Elon over his Texas manufacturing plants.

:D :bolt:
Favorite Quotes:
"This is L.A., sugar. There is no 'over the top." Chris Erskine
"At a certain point the entropy wins." Maria Helena Braga

Current Build: ProFlex 757 Expert full suspension. Yescomusa 36v 800w Rear DD, upgraded 10AWG solid core through axle phase wires. 15ah Headway, 1000+ cycles, 80% DOD 30A Tronsung controller.

Past: Trek 4500 Yescomusa 36v 800w front DD.
Liahona, Yescomusa 36v 800w generic front DD.
1992 Trek 800, Yescomusa 800w 36v front DD.

10 kW

Post by CONSIDERABLE SHOUTING » Jun 30 2022 1:40pm

liveforphysics wrote:
Jun 29 2022 8:28pm
Lucky they have a strong LFP option they use in standard range model 3s.
I'm really hoping we see more LFP options soon.
e-beach wrote:
Jun 29 2022 8:42pm
A little thicker than that. Other ev auto makers are catching up while Putin told his billionaire buddies to sell their bitcoin and purchase Rubles. The Russians selling their bitcoin is about over, but other car manufactures catching up has just began.
Not to mention, that there is stupid, then their is Texas stupid. So good luck to Elon over his Texas manufacturing plants.

:D :bolt:
That too. I see Elon is trying to toe the line on twitter, trying to both come across as political but also maintain his scientific sheen. Not sure how long it'll last tbh

nicobie   1.21 GW

1.21 GW

Post by nicobie » Jun 30 2022 2:54pm

e-beach wrote:
Jun 29 2022 8:42pm
...there is stupid, then there is Texas stupid. So good luck to Elon over his Texas manufacturing plants.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ask for it by name.

my eTownie build thread: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... =6&t=23701
Magazine article https://www.electricbike.com/nicks-etownie/

liveforphysics   100 GW

100 GW

Post by liveforphysics » Jun 30 2022 7:17pm

I'm personally indebted to Texas intellect. The mentor who helped me learn fluid dynamics and thermo dynamics far better than any of my professors understood it to teach it.
I tried to give him a gift of something I had a astrophysics phD friend who is a math genius spend weeks in MathCAD to create for him.

When I presented it to him, he acted impressed, then showed me he already had this calculation ability, and showed me the custom software he used. I was baffled as to how it was possible he already could calculate it, and asked him how on earth he got it.

He told me, "Hungry dogs find a way." It forever changed my perspective on not being afraid to attempt hard things while under-resourced.
Each carcinogen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for cancer.

Each mutagen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for reproductive genetic defects in your children.

Each engine start sprays them into a shared atmosphere which includes beings not offered an opportunity to consent accepting these cancer experiences and defective genetics life experiences.

Every post is a free gift to the collective of minds composing the living bleeding edge of LEV development on our spaceship.

gobi   1 kW

1 kW

Post by gobi » Jul 27 2022 6:52am

Most of suffer from 1st world issues, we mostly need MORE to do less, or feel we do.

nicobie   1.21 GW

1.21 GW

Post by nicobie » Jul 27 2022 1:29pm

liveforphysics wrote:
Jun 30 2022 7:17pm
I'm personally indebted to Texas intellect.
I was referring to Texas politicians. I know that Texas has at least a couple of intelligent people living there. After all, Chalo lives in Texas and he's no dumb shit...
Ask for it by name.

my eTownie build thread: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... =6&t=23701
Magazine article https://www.electricbike.com/nicks-etownie/