Excellent blog post about TSLA as an investment by Jack Rickard

MitchJi

10 MW
I was thinking about starting a thread on EV investments and what we thought were good buy-ins for a portfolio.

If Tesla stock drops a little more I might buy in. They seem to have rode the COVID wave well since they jacked up prices like mad, and supposedly they're plotting their next factory location.

Whelp Tesla has since fallen 70% since my last comment and thankfully, I haven't listened to my own advice.
How low do any of ya'll bet it'll go? How deep before Elon gets the boot? And when would any of you snag a few shares?

There were definitely words there. That was one of the hardest things I've ever tried to follow.

I see people investing in Tesla at these insane prices as very similar to people investing in crypto. Push / buy into the hype, the price goes up. The actual value is? Tesla build quality is about like Hyundai in the '90s from what I keep seeing. How much manipulation is going on behind the scenes?

Quality posts only!

I always consider buying individual stocks to be gambling. I try to stick to index tracking ETFs, tax free state municipal bonds, and treasuries.

I admit performance of inflation protected bond funds like TIPS wasn't what you'd think either, though.😭

Hey, it's not all bad. Musk is doing excellent at Xing out twitter. Maybe he will buy FB next. 👍🏾👍🏾
We have to appreciate Musk for one thing- he's single-handedly proven that meritocracy is bullshit :cool:

Electrek has an article saying that people returning or selling their Tesla's isn't because of the car, but now because of Musk's behavior.

That says a lot about the Tesla owners priorities. !
They don't want to support someone who's allowed actual nazis to flourish on their own platform, so doing so is understandable.

Besides, who are we to judge when we don't even know the context or what they replaced it with? Maybe they wanted a Korean or Ford EV. Maybe they have a life where they can bike all the time and just have one vehicle, or none. Maybe they had a life change and they had to return to gas. Life is too complex to ever make assumptions and claims like that.

Besides, who are we to judge when we don't even know the context or what they replaced it with?

There's no wrong reason to ditch a car. By the same token, there's no unequivocally right reason to acquire one to begin with.

The only reason that I haven't gotten rid of my car it that it would require me to move to some place where I don't want to live, and that has everything I need within a bike or walking distance.
Which would be the same for everyone living outside an immediate urban area, …and many within one!.….….
IE:…anyone wanting to live a normal practical, independant, life style.

☝🏾 Just give some time.
How long ?
Multiple different authorities/ governments have failed to make public transport available for anyone outside central urban areas, and in big countries like Australia, they never will.
getting kids to school, or sports practice etc,..moving shopping or bulky purchaces, ..sick or elderly family to doctors,or other appointments, ..add in wet/cold/ hot weather , dark nights, and any of the modern street dangers…..you need a car .
Then there is the whole issue of independence, holidays, outdoor camping/trailer, taking the family to visit friends/relatives , etc etc
If they ever become cheap and practical, i may change to an EV, but i will not give up having a personal vehicle ( currently a 4x4) until either i am unsafe to drive or (more likely) it becomes too expensive…fuel, insurance, tolls, etc

Haha. You think things will stay the same and in your control? While ignoring new evidence of change? Everyone will have to evolve to the new conditions you mentioned or suffer the consequences.

I really have never gotten any of your arguments over all these years. No matter how much you wish it isn't true, looking around says different.

excuse me if I'm a bit the prick today, but my best friend and brother I never had was just declared brain dead and I'm having trouble dealing with it. Got into the jagermeister a bit too much. Time for a time out for Nick.

Haha. You think things will stay the same and in your control? While ignoring new evidence of change? Everyone will have to evolve to the new conditions you mentioned or suffer the consequences.

I really have never gotten any of your arguments over all these years. No matter how much you wish it isn't true, looking around says different.
Things never stay the same, so yes, we will have to evolve and adapt to those new conditions.
My “argument” is that we cannot control those changes like climate, no matter how we might think we can . CO2 is certainly not the magic control that some believe it is, so crippling our energy supplies and economies in a mistaken belief that it will save the world, is just futile.
In short, Wind and Solar power generation is a waste of time , money , and valuble resources which should have been focussed on next generations of Nuclear until a better option is developed.
“looking around”… the only real problem i see is that the world is being governed by self serving idiots, instead of smart leaders.!
Sorry to hear about your buddy .

Back