JUMP bikes surprise $25 chargest (back to back)

methods

1 GW
I have not searched but I am sure you are aware that JUMP has been going thru some transitions.

One transition. . . is their business practice.
I wont go into a diatribe here, but after taking a $2 ride about 30 times I got hit twice with $25 fees.

These are of course the "out of area" fees. . .
Only...
In my case...
The JUMP van actually drops the bikes right where I leave them (which is in front of my house and just outside of a boundary)

I have approached their Press team and asked for it to go up to Legal. I of course took the opportunity to bring up all the things I have been finding while riding JUMP bikes.

I will dig into it later.
For now - here are some tips

* USE THE UBER APP!!!
Do not use the JUMP app. It has depreciated, it charges more, it trips the $25 fees, it does not show areas marked, it is buggy sometimes and says bikes are $0 and you cant rent them. . . ... I was using the UBER app and Kim was using the JUMP app and she was getting charged like double. So... FYI

* THE UBER APP DOES NOT HAVE THE REPORTING FEATURES
As you can imagine, being an avid rider, I run into bikes with problems all the time. The old JUMP app used to allow me to limp those bikes until they got service. With the new UBER app I was unable to do this. I came into contact with a hazardous bike and I was not able to limp it (short of taking matters into my own hands, which I did not). This particular failure mode was a nasty one (and I have many to report on...) ... but this one involved the spring-loaded locking cable being frayed and stabbing my finger with a puncture wound. ... I have mechanics hands, so fine... but some softies hands would have been torn bad. ... So... of course I reported this... but only over text... and the bike continued to sit out available... so... NO GOOD (that is a message to UBER, not to the riders)

* FEES
For the time being, I have $50 in fees sitting on a pair of $2 rides. That is excessive and inconsistent and I put a long argument together for the Press folks at JUMP. I wont regurgitate it here, but... I really do not appreciate the inconsistent business practice. If I wanted to spend $27 to go a mile, I would call UBER, not rent a bicycle.

Other than that -
I cant remember if I ever posted my report on the V2 bikes.

They have positives and negatives.

I am off to work.
Sorry I cant hang around much but the Lawyers are trying to eat my balls and I am super busy with trying to get the Electric Revolution to not burn down the house.

-methods

Wanting to talk to legal is threatening to sue a company or something like that over the phone is the best way to ensure that they will never be willing to negotiate with you over a charge. After that point it is just going to be lawyers working to make sure you have no chance to win in a lawsuit.

If that is what you meant with "asked for it to go up to Legal." then you have likely eliminated any chance you will get your money back or otherwise make a exception for you.

If you ever worked in customer support in a large business and ever had to deal with angry and upset customers then one of the best phrases you ever hope to hear is: "Well, I am going to sue you"... which means that you will never, ever, have to deal with that individual ever again.

Thanks for the tip.

I have never sued anyone in my life and Lawyers, as a whole, disgust me as blood thirsty sharks. I know only a handful of lawyers who seem to have passed their Ethics Exam. . . and the rest are struggling with CONFLICT OF INTEREST.

Your... Points... Are taken tho.
I agree that you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.

My intent was less to get my $50 back and more to RATTLE THE CAGE.

Uber is being a greedy (((F))) company at the moment and this is a critical time to throw yourself onto the gears.

[youtube]xz7KLSOJaTE[/youtube]

The last time I stood on those very steps the cops put us in the basement for hours, then put us on a bus for hours, then drove us all the way out to the worst part of Oakland and held us in a filthy holding cell for hours, then moved us to the drunk tank (the one with a toilet in the middle of the room) for hours... until finally ... at like 4AM... they released me.

I then went to the Window of the Oakland PD (was it Oakland PD? Don't know, dont really care) and asked for a form to file a complaint the officer on duty claimed that they were OUT OF COMPLAINT FORMS...

Sigh...

Listen Kids. . .

A virtual reality has been built up around you.
It is all fuzzy and warm. . .
Any time you feel a bit off you can just cling to your Facebook and Youtube and all your hundreds of online friends...

But this is new
This did not exist before.
... ... ...

The guy who owns this forum gets on a bike sometimes and rides it all the way across the continent. He sleeps outside in the rain with nothing but a scratchy blanket. He goes out and experiences the true human experience.

I have done the same, tho not to the same degree and in different ways.

My message to you folks. . . is to set down the technology every once in a while and really experience our current reality.

-methods

Back