Page 2 of 2

Re: Will the Nissan Leaf survive ?

Posted: Oct 19 2020 2:00pm
by markz
ZeroEm wrote:
Oct 19 2020 8:44am
by LeftieBiker » Jun 03 2020 10:15pm

I'm down to 5'9" sadly, but I know that taller people in the six foot range find the Leaf comfortable. I'm really not sure about six and a half footers, though.
I'm 6'2" 260lbs, bought a 2013 leaf. I could not believe the leg room, i'm totally comfortable. Sitting in the Car when I was just shopping sold me the next thing that is this roomy for me is a Truck. Say what you must but I like driving the Leaf. Have not tried the others so not bashing them. The old VW bugs had good head room also.
Bro, its more then just leg room. The very first thing I check for when sitting in a vehicle is head room and shoulder room. I am much taller then you and even I have plenty of leg room in a Smart Car, with the seat all the way back and tilted gangsta style its a very doable shared car, Car2Go (now no longer here), for short drives. Nissan Versa was another rental car that had plenty of room. There is however countless vehicles with absolutely horrible shoulder and head room. Its really hit and miss, big trucks can feel cramped, while small cars can feel spacious and everything in between.

Re: Will the Nissan Leaf survive ?

Posted: Oct 20 2020 12:50am
by Balmorhea
markz wrote:
Oct 19 2020 2:00pm
I am much taller then you and even I have plenty of leg room in a Smart Car,
I don't. But that's not unusual.

Just like car designers are willfully blind to what they inflict on the world, they are willfully indifferent to folks outside the middle of the bell curve.

Re: Will the Nissan Leaf survive ?

Posted: Oct 20 2020 4:07am
by Ianhill
Balmorhea wrote:
Oct 20 2020 12:50am
markz wrote:
Oct 19 2020 2:00pm
I am much taller then you and even I have plenty of leg room in a Smart Car,
I don't. But that's not unusual.

Just like car designers are willfully blind to what they inflict on the world, they are willfully indifferent to folks outside the middle of the bell curve.
How big is you ?
_IMG_000000_000000.jpg
_IMG_000000_000000.jpg (193.54 KiB) Viewed 493 times
Not for me though I like to carry things in the boot bigger than a shopping bag but it's an ideal town car for a person that don't do trips back from the diy stores, my 2012 focus has had a 2.4meter cupboard flat pack in her like to see the smart work it's head around that one, I regularly take a battery circular down and chop up a large sheet in the car park in the excellent table trolleys they provide into 2 and slip it in round the back.

Re: Will the Nissan Leaf survive ?

Posted: Oct 20 2020 7:56am
by ZeroEm
I see his knees up beside the steering wheel, no way! 2013 went to a car show just to try on the cars they had there. The 2014 Chev Camaro was the best fit but none of them came close to the room I have in my Leaf.

Re: Will the Nissan Leaf survive ?

Posted: Oct 20 2020 8:29am
by Ianhill
ZeroEm wrote:
Oct 20 2020 7:56am
I see his knees up beside the steering wheel, no way! 2013 went to a car show just to try on the cars they had there. The 2014 Chev Camaro was the best fit but none of them came close to the room I have in my Leaf.
Can't see motorsport adopting that ride position anytime soon.

Re: Will the Nissan Leaf survive ?

Posted: Oct 21 2020 7:08am
by Hillhater
Ianhill wrote:
Oct 20 2020 8:29am
ZeroEm wrote:
Oct 20 2020 7:56am
I see his knees up beside the steering wheel, no way! 2013 went to a car show just to try on the cars they had there. The 2014 Chev Camaro was the best fit but none of them came close to the room I have in my Leaf.
Can't see motorsport adopting that ride position anytime soon.
Why not ?....they have plenty of crap/uncomfortable driving positions already..
The F1 boys have to look just over the top of their knees which are up infront of the steering wheel..
..whilst the Nascar drivers have the wheel so close to their chest they couldnt sneeze if they wanted to !

Re: Will the Nissan Leaf survive ?

Posted: Oct 21 2020 7:29am
by Ianhill
Hillhater wrote:
Oct 21 2020 7:08am
Ianhill wrote:
Oct 20 2020 8:29am
ZeroEm wrote:
Oct 20 2020 7:56am
I see his knees up beside the steering wheel, no way! 2013 went to a car show just to try on the cars they had there. The 2014 Chev Camaro was the best fit but none of them came close to the room I have in my Leaf.
Can't see motorsport adopting that ride position anytime soon.
Why not ?....they have plenty of crap/uncomfortable driving positions already..
The F1 boys have to look just over the top of their knees which are up infront of the steering wheel..
..whilst the Nascar drivers have the wheel so close to their chest they couldnt sneeze if they wanted to !
Can't comment on NASCAR but F1 dont look to comfy 1 step away from a super go kart seen them things lie flat and go over 150mph, hit anything your legs are the crumple zone.

Ideally the rally boys got it spot on the car can roll multiple times and they stay put, head restraint is a must a newbie might question why but when they have the first whoppsy be glad the heads not flapping about.

If shaq had just a 30mph impact in that thing he be trapped cut out job, for safety the guy needs something bigger lol i would feel vunerable in that on a 6 lane highway with trucks but in town 30 mph limits scare limits be fine, even though like said he be lucky to get out unscathed.

Re: Will the Nissan Leaf survive ?

Posted: Jan 03 2021 7:58pm
by Michael B
Balmorhea wrote:
Jun 04 2020 2:02am
The 240Z would have been a great EV. That is, if it hadn't been propelled by incinerating future generations.
I hope the upcoming 400z Proto gets some EV treatment eventually. Maybe PHEV.

Re: Will the Nissan Leaf survive ?

Posted: Apr 07 2021 11:48am
by miro13car
markz wrote:
Jun 10 2020 3:28am

Electric vehicle for winter driving is a hindrance and not worth it. I heard you lose a lot of power whether it be the battery heaters,
end of quote
as example of Norway shows EV are not hindrance at all,
Norway has severe winters like Canada.
EV sales in Norway are increasing year after year.

Re: Will the Nissan Leaf survive ?

Posted: Apr 19 2021 7:01am
by Hillhater
miro13car wrote:
Apr 07 2021 11:48am
Norway has severe winters like Canada.
EV sales in Norway are increasing year after year.
....... because of the Government financial incentives for EVs , ..and the dis-incentives for ICEs !