Joby going public

flathill

100 kW
I don't normally give investing advice but our friend Joby is going public via RTP and RTP.WS (aka RTP+)

You can lose all your money on RTP+ if the merger doesn't happen but (higher risk higher reward)

Your downside is ~$10 max on RTP if the merger doesn't happen

This is a long term investment not get rich quick.

Stars aligned:
5 year lockup
FAA
Military
Toyota
Reid Hoffman
Santa Cruz
#soundon

[youtube]OAKCbpwmrgI[/youtube]

Good luck!

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/air-taxi-start-up-joby-to-go-public-via-spac-deal-2021-02-24

Air taxi start-up Joby Aviation will go public via a merger with Reinvent Technology Partners (NYSE: RTP), a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) backed by Reid Hoffman, co-founder of Microsoft's LinkedIn, and Zynga co-founder Mark Pincus.

Hmm ?
It comes over as a thinly disguised cry for support and funding. !
He is over enthusiastic and telling porkies !
Prop propulsion or lift craft are never “Quiet” let alone Silent ,..no matter what motor system is used.
And , as with all Electric flight, it is severely restricted by the battery Capacity / Weight compromise which will limit their service applications.
Yet to get Certification..??... that is a make/break factor !

I'm not sure that being all-electric is a big limitation. I think going from all batteries to hybrid isn't extremely challenging. I also think if they're all-electric right now, it's a strategic choice. Volocopter is all electric and they're moving forward with a 35 km range vehicle. Urban air taxis don't need to fly far, and if that's what Volocopter is pursuing there must be a reason. It must be the best market to pursue for the moment.

It's hard to call a winner for eVTOL right now. Pity there isn't an ETF for this industry...

Toyota has announced that their full-sized solid state battery / SSB is ready to present.

Road vehicles have not been receptive to hot-swappable battery packs, and even after SSBs become more readily available, they will not take hold until their price per mile of charge is cheaper than current options.

Americans are "happy enough" with 300 miles of range per pack, and the biggest driving factor for purchase is the price (other than having them available for purchase, as they are all back ordered)

However, I am hearing that electric aircraft are waiting for hot-swappable SSB's due to their lighter weight, regardless of price.

Hillhater said:
Hmm ?
It comes over as a thinly disguised cry for support and funding. !
He is over enthusiastic and telling porkies !
Prop propulsion or lift craft are never “Quiet” let alone Silent ,..no matter what motor system is used.
And , as with all Electric flight, it is severely restricted by the battery Capacity / Weight compromise which will limit their service applications.
Yet to get Certification..??... that is a make/break factor !

Hahhaha!

still sour that you missed the boat on Tesla

Glad we tuned you out

spinningmagnets said:
Toyota has announced that their full-sized solid state battery / SSB is ready to present.

Road vehicles have not been receptive to hot-swappable battery packs, and even after SSBs become more readily available, they will not take hold until their price per mile of charge is cheaper than current options.

Americans are "happy enough" with 300 miles of range per pack, and the biggest driving factor for purchase is the price (other than having them available for purchase, as they are all back ordered)

However, I am hearing that electric aircraft are waiting for hot-swappable SSB's due to their lighter weight, regardless if price.

Mitsu Mining is the Toyota SSB play. Making nice soft rollable formable solid electrolyte. Big unknown there is how Toyota is dealing with the toxic gas.

flathill said:
Hillhater said:
Hmm ?
It comes over as a thinly disguised cry for support and funding. !..... !
Hahhaha!
still sour that you missed the boat on Tesla

?? Nope !....
I dont play the stock market.. at all !
And there is NO EV that is practical or realistic for my situation.........except for a few Ebikes . :wink:

Back