EV price increases ?

Hillhater

100 TW
Sydney ..(Hilly part !) .. Australia/ Down under !
.The cost of a new car in the U.S. could soon climb by thousands of dollars as some metals used by automakers to build cars, such as nickel and palladium, skyrocket in price.

Price increases will likely hit electric vehicles the hardest, according to S&P Global Mobility. That’s because nickel is used to make batteries found in Tesla’s Model Y, the Audi e-tron, the Mercedes EQS and other electric cars. For example, the price for an EQS, which starts at $102,000, is expected to jump as much as $11,000 due to higher metal prices, researchers at S&P Global Mobility said. Low inventory has already prompted dealers to raise prices on the cars they do have in stock.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nickel-aluminium-ford-electric-car-prices/

WUT? Do we consume from the Balkans? Amongst other foods?
One quarter of our :es: ES 🍞 wheat & one fifth of our world 🌮 corn & three quarters of all 🌻 yummy sunflower oil
Some bully will be eating our lunch this summer.

I am sorry to say that we learned that someone else is definitely eating our breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Prescription Drugs made elsewhere
Ventilators made elsewhere
Masks made elsewhere
$5 T-shirts made elsewhere and sold at Walmart
And you know exactly where that elsewhere is, I just refuse to name it anymore.

Stealth_Chopper said:
WUT? Do we consume from the Balkans? Amongst other foods?
One quarter of our :es: ES 🍞 wheat & one fifth of our world 🌮 corn & three quarters of all 🌻 yummy sunflower oil
Some bully will be eating our lunch this summer.

I dont plan on buying any new vehicles anytime soon. Like I've posted elsewhere about the newest I'd go is 2007, price varies depending on what exactly I want. Used cars wont be impacted once things cool down in the marketplace.

Its funny because the Toyota dealership near me has the show room floor empty and the outside lot is 75% empty with a quarter of whatever those vehicles are already sold and the remaining in for service.

Dodge dealership, has a lot full of trucks :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ford dealership is the same, though the side I see on both are where the usual trucks go.

If I had $30k+ to spend on a new vehicle it would be a Toyota, if I had $15-29k I would wait until I had $30k to spend on a Toyota or lease/finance it to holdoff on the difference and save save save for the buyout at the end of the 5 or 8th year. Of course depends on the finance rates, I havent been paying attention to new car finance rates but they always seem to be very low.

No surely the price going up cant be its fake news, father elon told us different while his mass pray meetings, economically insane he said to own anything but a tesla and im open to the idea of renting my car to strangers they will look after it.

[youtube]51-JwB3C_iw[/youtube]

Back