Unique Business/Design Opportunity

Battboy

10 kW
We are the makers of the RAPTOR Electric Assist Trike: http://www.boomerbents.com This year we have a new concept for a new model that will replace the RAPTOR. This new model is a radical departure from what we have done in the past. I have already conceived the conceptual design, see (attached jpg.)

We have previously built the RAPTOR in Taiwan, but this time I want to manufacture in the U.S. (or perhaps Mexico) but definitely assembled here in the U.S. I am looking for partners who want to join in the design and the investment and the risk involved in a new venture like this. Personally, I want "the group" to take over all aspects of this venture except the battery pack which will be a LiFeBATT solution, and provided by LiFeBATT, USA. We will also contribute our website to promote the sale of this trike @ no cost to the co-op partners. We have an average of over 100 hits a day now which will be a big advantage to launching the T.REX.

Those who have an interest in such a venture may respond here on this forum, or contact me off-list to get further drawings & designs that I have already done. There are some interesting challenges to this project which involve some clever engineering - but the market is now ready for such a vehicle I believe. This is an opportunity for all you budding builders & entrepreneurs to jump into this exciting market. Instead of just writing to forums like these - you can be part of the e-bike revolution.

Don Harmon

Attachments

• T_2008_REV4.jpg
    T_2008_REV4.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 2,523
Cool !!! 8)

How much juice is this bike going to receive ? ( Voltage and ah ? )

Or is that also up for discussion?

The independant rear wheel suspension idea was an excellent one if it can be implemented correctly, are we going for the older crowd again or is this going to be a " Sport " bike ?

Lets make the front fork " Threadless " and standardized so that it can be used on other frames and sold as an aftermarket front fork for hub motors ( with allowance for disk brakes )..

I like it ! :D

I'd suggest a very narrow track and a leaning mechanism. I'm just not sure how much market penetration you can get with a 3 wheeler. It needs to look "cool" or nobody will buy it.

This trike is narrow track, very lightweight, and would feature tilting rear wheels.

How much juice is this bike going to receive ? ( Voltage and ah ? )

Two Power Pack Options: 3610 & 3630 HPS LiFeBATT Packs.

Or is that also up for discussion? Not Really.

The independant rear wheel suspension idea was an excellent one if it can be implemented correctly, are we going for the older crowd again or is this going to be a " Sport " bike ?

The T.REX will be a "SPORT" Bike!

Lets make the front fork " Threadless " and standardized so that it can be used on other frames and sold as an aftermarket front fork for hub motors ( with allowance for disk brakes )..

I like it!

Don Harmon

I like it ! :D[/quote]

If it has a crystalyte ie: Gearless, brushless, motor.. i highly recommend 48v over 36v.... these hub motors really need 48v + to make them work .... just pick a slower winding to keep the speeds legal.

I realize this makes the battery pack more expensive, but imho go 48v !! :mrgreen:

may i suggest a triple clamp style fork. way more cool and more serious biker looking.

i added a triple clamp 24" fork to my Delta trike and I LIKE IT. it was originally came as a threadless but i simply changed the head tube for a threaded variety cut from a scrap yard donor fork and it fits perfectly. big advantage for the triple clamp is it's design flexibility as well as strength.

rick

Ypedal said:
If it has a crystalyte ie: Gearless, brushless, motor.. i highly recommend 48v over 36v.... these hub motors really need 48v + to make them work .... just pick a slower winding to keep the speeds legal.

I realize this makes the battery pack more expensive, but imho go 48v !! :mrgreen:
More expensive and too large a footprint for this trike!

Don Harmon

Don Harmon said:
There are some interesting challenges to this project which involve some clever engineering...
Please expand...?

Don Harmon said:
Instead of just writing to forums like these - you can be part of the e-bike revolution.
Careful there, batteryboy... most of the contributors are do-ers sharing work performed, most of which are advances over currently available tech... including your products.

8)

TylerDurden said:
Don Harmon said:
There are some interesting challenges to this project which involve some clever engineering...
Please expand...? Join the program and offer up your expertise.

Don Harmon said:
Instead of just writing to forums like these - you can be part of the e-bike revolution.
Careful there, batteryboy... most of the contributors are do-ers sharing work performed, most of which are advances over currently available tech... including your products.

That's why this is an Open Design - so you guys can display your great talents to make a product that will be sold on the market instead of just a "one off" machine. If you want to participate you are welcome to join us. If all you are interested in is shooting arrows at someone - take up archery. This is not a project where egos are going to be very important in the overall process. I have no commercial stake in this other than to see what can be accomplished by a talented group of individuals.

Our Battery tech. is first class, Tyler. I doubt you could make a battery yourself? That's why we have Bob & Gary onboard with LiFeBATT - because they can take our battery product and create a viable e-bike electronics "solution". When you start making your own LiFePO4 batteries, please let me know. LiFeBATT would be glad to evaluate them and perhaps even offer to help you market them ? :D

Cheers!
Don Harmon

rkosiorek said:
may i suggest a triple clamp style fork. way more cool and more serious biker looking.

i added a triple clamp 24" fork to my Delta trike and I LIKE IT. it was originally came as a threadless but i simply changed the head tube for a threaded variety cut from a scrap yard donor fork and it fits perfectly. big advantage for the triple clamp is it's design flexibility as well as strength.

rick

I like the dual-crown ( triple clamp ) idea as well, stronger and cooler looking

Most quality frames and newer style bikes are threadless these days and if i'm going to pay 200 $ ( no clue how much.. but lets say 200 ) for a fork.. it's not going on wal-mart frame. :wink:

What's the weight range aim at this point ? is that figured out yet ?

Don Harmon said:
When you start making your own LiFePO4 batteries, please let me know.
Likewise... You have a nice package and nifty pictures, but the cells are not your manufacture. That's why you have enlisted Bob and Gary... you came to them for expertise, not the reverse.

Instead of denegrating the members as mere mouthpices, you might gain more traction by edifying the hard work and generousity they share here daily.

If this is actually Open-design, share. If not, STFU.

Cheers!!

TylerDurden said:
Don Harmon said:
Likewise... You have a nice package and nifty pictures, but the cells are not your manufacture. That's why you have enlisted Bob and Gary... you came to them for expertise, not the reverse.

Instead of denegrating the members as mere mouthpices, you might gain more traction by edifying the hard work and generousity they share here daily.

Cheers!!

What are your business assumptions and projections? Is there a prospectus or business plan people could read? Who is likely to buy the trikes and how many of them are there? Is it to be a general partnership where individual partners' assets are all on the line, or are you going to set up an entity with limited liability? What qualifications (assets and experience) are you requiring from investors? Is this offering limited to residents of certain countries? What securities laws does it have to comply with? What risks do you believe should influence investors? Is there a preferred return to any class of investors? Who are the officers and directors, and what do they bring to the enterprise? Is everyone who holds equity going to put up capital? Why do you think this enterprise is going to make money, and how soon will investors see any of it?

TylerDurden said:
Don Harmon said:

Wrong, our cells are mfg. by LiFeBATT, Taiwan and we are ONE company, my misinformed friend!

Wrong again - Bob & Gary came to us with their ideas initially for an electric version of the Cruzbike for the owner of that company. You know very little of the history.

Wrong again!

No further comment will be directed to you. Read my first post and understand I am sharing everything I have worked on here with the T.REX Open Design Project. Either contribute something yourself, or please refrain from your childish comments and let the rest of us continue a meaningful discussion.

Thanks,

Don Harmon

Daym TD.. you in a fighting mood today or whut ?
Meh...

I don't think so. I did have a crappy sleep, but strong french-roast solves many ills.

More likely, I just happen to have my racquet up when someone serves turds over the net.

:D

Don Harmon said:
refrain from your childish comments and let the rest of us continue a meaningful discussion.[/b]
Posting on the sphere is an open invition for comment... if you want a private group, get yer own bb.

:mrgreen:

Dr. Shock said:
What are your business assumptions and projections? Is there a prospectus or business plan people could read? Who is likely to buy the trikes and how many of them are there? Is it to be a general partnership where individual partners' assets are all on the line, or are you going to set up an entity with limited liability? What qualifications (assets and experience) are you requiring from investors? Is this offering limited to residents of certain countries? What securities laws does it have to comply with? What risks do you believe should influence investors? Is there a preferred return to any class of investors? Who are the officers and directors, and what do they bring to the enterprise? Is everyone who holds equity going to put up capital? Why do you think this enterprise is going to make money, and how soon will investors see any of it?

Dr. Shock, this is an OPEN DESIGN PROJECT which means it has no formal business plan yet. It is something that is open to anyone in any country or any background whether you have investment capitol or not. I am not setting up a commercial enterprise here. That will be up to the group that is formed out of this endeavor. As I said in a previous post - I do not have a stake in this project othere than a set of drawings & designs which I offer to the group. The final design prototype will be acheived through the combined efforts of the team and how it is mfg. or what it costs to make is out of my hands completely. What I have offered is our two websites to help market the product, and how the monetary rewards are distributed is all in the teams hands.

Best,
Don Harmon

Ypedal said:
I like the dual-crown ( triple clamp ) idea as well, stronger and cooler looking

Most quality frames and newer style bikes are threadless these days and if i'm going to pay 200 $ ( no clue how much.. but lets say 200 ) for a fork.. it's not going on wal-mart frame. :wink:

What's the weight range aim at this point ? is that figured out yet ?

but the cool thing about it is that potentially as an after market part you don't need 2 totally different models for it to fit either or both the only difference would be the headtube not the entire fork. and it is a bolt in part, not cut and weld major surgery. heck it could even accommodate the various different diameters of threadless with a drop in part.

making a part that not only conforms to the design but would also be useful to sell as a standalone part helps return the money invested in design sooner.

rick

TylerDurden said:
Don Harmon said:
refrain from your childish comments and let the rest of us continue a meaningful discussion.[/b]
Posting on the sphere is an open invition for comment... if you want a private group, get yer own bb.

:mrgreen:

Unfortunately you are right! I guess this project is doomed from the start by people like yourself. If anyone else feels this way - I will just stop now ???

Let's take a poll and find out before I waste anymore time here.

Sorry,

Don Harmon

Ok, Don. It sounded like an investment solicitation there for a minute. Those questions and many more like them are the ones I'd be asking if someone were offering me a business opportunity. Maybe when the project gets further along, you'll find them useful.

Back