ebuggy hot-swap battery trailer

Archer

100 W
The Germans have been busy crafting an ebuggy battery trailer.The ebuggy adds additional batteries along with the electric cars so one can travel farther.With ebuggy trailer changing stations scattered about the Country one can travel any distance simply by switching to a new ebuggy when the one being used becomes depleted.Ebuggy claims the ebuggy concept is cheaper than battery changing stations being implemented by others.Check it out.....

Will ebuggy be common place? Who knows.

http://www.ebuggy.com/

I think this could have real promise. Note, however that a pusher trailer normally refers to a trailer with powered wheels. In this case the trailer just hauls the batteries to power an electric vehicle. It might make sense to change the title of this thread to avoid confusion. Such as "ebuggy trailer hauls extra batteries for electric cars".

A buzzword for EVs is a "hot swapped" pack, interesting concept to put the battery packs on a trailer, it simplifies the pack-swap. Perhaps the same company could also expand into generator-trailers. There have been several EVs that had an average-sized battery pack on-board, and for long trips it had a series-hybrid trailer that could be temporarily attached for only the long trip. I wish them luck.

I also agree on the thread title, perhaps it could be "ebuggy hot-swap battery trailer".

Woops I totally missed the boat on the "pusher" aspect of the ebuggy.Thanks guys for clearing that up.

Back